Charging at night rate in Ireland

JohnFitz

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, how do I work out the cost of charging my MG ZS exclusive. The night rate is 0.0583 cents (€)?
Thank you.

There are 2 factors you need. 1/the amount of charge in kwhr that you give the car 2/the cost per kwhr.
You have the cost/kwhr I think (0.0583?). Depending on how you are charging you can get the kwhr figure from your charger app or perhaps your power supplier. If you’re on a public charger it will tell you how much has gone in.
If you’re using a granny charger for example - you could also estimate it. If car is showing half then you’ll take around 22kwhr = €1.2826 at your rate. There’s a few ways but the car doesn’t have an app so you rely on other areas.
i have a podpoint charger that tells me how much juice I’ve added and also multiplies it by the rates that I’ve populated the app with for example.
you can also estimate it by charge rates. The granny delivers around 3.5kwhr (this can vary). so if you charge for say 10 hours you’ll put in roughly 35kwhr Costing €2.04 approx.

Last edited:
Thank you Cocijo for your reply. It is much clearer now. I am new to ev ownership and very much welcoming any and all insights and tips!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom