• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Charging Cable Discount

Portgordon

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I’ve just purchased a 5m Type 2 Male to Female 32A from Eco Harmony and very happy with the delivery (next day) and excellent packaging. £123.94 after discount.

B8EF9020-F3EE-4D3D-BA26-CDB548087119.jpeg

Eco Harmony

Use the following code for discount:

savemyMGZSEV

When you say male to female, do you mean an extension cable ? :unsure:

I don't believe so. I know that you can also get extension cables, bit my understanding is that a regular Type 2 cable is Male on one end and Female on the other? Please tell me that is so lol as I have yet to visit a charger that requires a cable.

Looking at your Eco Harmony link, it is a regular charging cable, it just threw me when you just said male to female, as I asked the question on here as to whether you can use a charging cable as an extension and the answer was no, they are not the same.
That's a very good price for a 5m, 32A cable well done. (y)

Confirmed just now I have the right cable with my first visit to a pod point ☺ phew!

I do find it odd that they don’t work as extensions, despite extensions seemingly looking the same - there must be some extra electronics.

And something to do with the shroud being too long on the female end IIRC.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom