Charging cable extension lead

mailmannz

Established Member
Reaction score
So...any thoughts on an extension lead to get charging cable from wall charger (Ohme home pro in my case) to drive way? The current cable is about 2 meters too short and our plan was to change our front yard a bit by pulling out a planter box and extending the drive way up in to the law so the cable would reach it.

BUUUUUT if I can get away with a short extension lead then that would satisfy the inner lazy fat git in me ;)

So yeah, anyone here using extension leads or have opinions pro or no??

If you are trying to extend a type 2 32A cable don't.
See if you can replace the cable on the Ohme with a longer one.

I put a 10 meter cable on my charger (tethered) but it's not something you want to do if you're not qualified as all changes to a charge box should be certified for insurance purposes if nothing else.

It's a big nono to extend a cable and in fact the connector is designed to stop you being able to do that. Best idea is to see what a sparky will charge you to do it and measure that against moving your planter.

Type 2 plugs have a deliberately short sense pin to ensure that cables are not daisy chained. I don’t think the cable can be changed on the ohme but they do make 5m and 8m models.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom