Charging cable

Fintious maximus

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all,

Still waiting for delivery of my company car and wondered if the car comes with a charging cable? BP delivered the home charger ready for install and its an unteathered BP Pulse

Hi all,

Still waiting for delivery of my company car and wondered if the car comes with a charging cable? BP delivered the home charger ready for install and its an unteathered BP Pulse
It's not a standard accessory but you might be lucky. Worth checking with whoever is supplying the vehicle. A 3 pin domestic socket (granny) charging lead should be with the car as standard but that won't fit your BP unit. Did you specifically ask for an untethered unit? You'll need a cable to run between the two of course and there are plenty to choose from - last time I looked they were around £180 for a 5m one

Hi all,

I would get BP to swap the EVSE (charge point) to a tethered one.
Who's installing it?

Hi all,

Mine did come with an MG Type 2 as I asked for a free one as part of my purchase.

Assuming you are getting the FL it can charge at 11kw. The type 2 MG provided is not a 32 amp cable so limits the charge to 7kw. So my advice is get a 32 amp cable the slightly faster charge rate is worth it.

I got this cable and sold the MG one.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom