Charging Cable

C6MFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi all, I have an MG5 currently and a HS Phev on order. I have seen some discussion re the curly charging leads. To me a really short curly would seem Idea as I normally reverse on to my drive and the distance to the wall charger (untethered) is only a meter or so. A short easy to handle option would be just the job. Has any one a view?

Has anybody got one to sell or a good supplier. I will get a standard type 2 cable with the Phev on Affinity but I have 10m long one that I bought for my MG5 Happy to swap?

Are you sure you're getting a Type 2 to Type 2 with the HS? ( I assume that's what you've got for the MG5). Mine came with a three pin to Type 2 granny charger.

You do only get a granny charger with the car. But there is unconfirmed report that through Affinity scheme you get a Type 2 to Type 2 cable for free. I’m not so convinced about this. However I got mine also through Affinity and negotiated a free T2 to T2 cable as part of the deal.

Are you sure you're getting a Type 2 to Type 2 with the HS? ( I assume that's what you've got for the MG5). Mine came with a three pin to Type 2 granny charger.
When buying on Affinity it is included as is choice of any paint at no extra cost. I could have had Any colour but I went with the Pearl even if it was the standard no cost option. My 5 was not bought on Affinity and therefore only came with granny.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom