Ozzie

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have recently purchased a 21 plate ZS EV and have a Zappi home charger. A number of times charging has stopped and the Message on the Zappi screen and Zappi App reads Charging Delayed. The charging schedule in the EV and Zappi are clear. I do not have night rate electricity. I do not use the iSmart App.
Stopping the requested charging and unplugging the EV allows charging to be re selected. As does entering Energy Management and selecting "Start Charging". Have others experienced anything similar? And any suggestions to the cause of this annoying "feature"?

My Zappi requires either the start charging button on the car to be pressed or the scheduled charging period to cover the current time or charging will not start. I normally charge overnight, but if I charge during the day I just shift the scheduled charging window to start before the current time.

When I first used the Zappi to charge my ZS I unlocked the car with the key fob and locked it again while charging, and it wouldn't resume charging. Ever since I have used the button on the door and had no issues. On cloudy days I find the Eco with one leaf better as it keeps charging at the base 1.4KWh even when the surplus solar output drops below so you harvest all the solar with a little bit of top up from grid occasionally. On the two leaf setting it has a 25 second delay when the surplus solar goes above 1.4KWh before it starts charging again. if you are only getting 1KWh surplus from the solar, it's better to collect that and top up with 0.4 from the grid than to lose the solar to the grid. Also not sure if it is good for the batteries to have the charging going on and off too often.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom