Charging Indicator

Hi All, yes it does, works perfectly with my iPhone connected, as long as the phone can reach siri you can ask for whatever, directions, phone someone, send and receive text messages, weather etc etc. Works well, can't comment on Andriod however.

Frank

I think you’re right although I’ve not used it yet. However, it’s not like the Thia version that allows you to open windows etc. The owners manual is not very informative on this issue.

That’s what the manual says although there’s absolutely no info on what or how to use it.

I have actually found the door button needs to be pressed only once to display the SOC (without the key anywhere near the car). Likewise opening the boot manually turns the SOC indicator on, as described above. These are just weird workarounds, however. What we really need is the i-Smart app/software and telecom head to check all functions remotely, start hvac, get ota updates, etc, etc. Has anyone found out an email address for Mr Gregorious or Mr Wang so we can all individually write to them requesting this upgrade. If Nissan, Tesla Hyundai and the like can have such facilities, then MG cannot hide behind GDPR requirements as an excuse not to provide the app and head unit.

Agreed. I've sent a couple of emails to MG UK (via the "contact us" section of their website) but a continued campaign by all users would be necessary to engender real change, I think...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom