Charging issue??

mailmannz

Established Member
Reaction score
Last week I noticed for some reason that it didn’t matter what I set charging to on the Ohme the car was stopping at 80%?!?

For some reason charging is stopping at 80%, which is what comes up as normal on the MG app?

Amy ideas what I’ve done for the car to stop charging at 80% instead of what ever I’ve set the schedule to on the Ohme (usually 85% or 98% if we are going long distance)??
IMG_8690.jpeg

Last week I noticed for some reason that it didn’t matter what I set charging to on the Ohme the car was stopping at 80%?!?

For some reason charging is stopping at 80%, which is what comes up as normal on the MG app?

Amy ideas what I’ve done for the car to stop charging at 80% instead of what ever I’ve set the schedule to on the Ohme (usually 85% or 98% if we are going long distance)??
View attachment 19845
I'm not familiar with the Ohme charger but I have noticed that the iSmart app doesn't update the display properly when you change the desired charge level so perhaps what it is showing you isn't what is currently set. I'd try changing it to 90% and see if that works then change it back to 100%

Obvious question, you haven't got the car set to 80% have you ?

View attachment 19845
As mentioned worth refreshing the App to make sure displaying correctly. You could also check the info unit in the car and see if it is showing 100% target.

The only other thing would be to try using a different charger and see what happens. Just to rule the out the charger doing something silly.

Thanks all. The app is now at 100 so it doesn’t stop charging at 80%, instead of charging to what I’ve planned on the Ohme schedule :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom