Charging issue!

Copey

Novice Member
Reaction score
Trying to charge my vehicle yesterday and today and when the car is locked and says charging maybe 30 seconds later the alarm goes off (continuous beep), tried unplugging and trying again multiple times and I can't get it to lock/charge without it beeping. All doors are locked and secure so it's not that.

Totally out of ideas!

Any help would be much appreciated!

P.S. Me and my friend have had this issue since yesterday, has been working fine until now.

Is the 12 volt battery low, does that need charging?
Are you charging on the granny charger or a 7 kWh wall box?

Is the 12 volt battery low, does that need charging?
Are you charging on the granny charger or a 7 kWh wall box?
Thanks for the reply, think we have just sussed it!
We both had RAC trackers fitted last week and this is the first time we have charged it since.

And charging using standard 3 pin plug at the moment as the fast charger installation has been postponed.

Just had a similar issue.
I have just received my car and charged it no problem twice. I have to fit a Tom Tom tracker to the OBD socket and since doing this, the car will start to charge then the main car alarm goes off roughly 2 minutes after the charging starts. If I unplug the Tom Tom tracker, it charges no problem.
Don't have a resolution but the info might save someone a temper tantrum.
Too late for me. I'll apologise to the neighbours in the morning.

Personally I'm reluctant to fit anything that transmits or receives data to the OBD socket as I believe it's a possible source for hackers to get into the car's systems.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom