Charging issue

Bluejeros

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I took delivery of my new ZS EV only yesterday. I had a Wallbox fitted about a month ago but it hasn't been used excepting for once last weekend when we charged my sons Tesla for about an hour.
So after running the car down to about 40% it was time to charge it. The halo on the wallbox was green and I plugged into the charge port, the halo immediately changed to red! The panel in the car said connected but not charging. I tried to get hold of Wallbox and the installer, they will get back to me! I connected the granny charger and that is working fine.
Anyone had similar experience?

Morning, i have had the same issue unfortunately. Had a wallbox fitted on Monday and all was well until i connected it to the car. It went blue and said "connected - waiting for car demand" for like 5 seconds and then immediately went red and "disconnected" appeared on the app.

Hugely frustrating and the installer wasn't sure what had caused it as there had been no issues previously.

He spoke to Wallbox who said they have a known issue with MG cars at the minute and are rolling out a software update but that it could be several weeks.

This means that i am now stuck with no home charger until this software update comes out.

My Wallbox Pulsar Plus works fine on my MG5, and has done since April on various versions of Firmware. It's currently on 5.3.16 after I updated it at the beginning of the week. Note you have to update it from the app on your phone. It will tell you if there is an update, then you have to select install in the app.

Morning, i have had the same issue unfortunately. Had a wallbox fitted on Monday and all was well until i connected it to the car. It went blue and said "connected - waiting for car demand" for like 5 seconds and then immediately went red and "disconnected" appeared on the app.

Hugely frustrating and the installer wasn't sure what had caused it as there had been no issues previously.

He spoke to Wallbox who said they have a known issue with MG cars at the minute and are rolling out a software update but that it could be several weeks.

This means that i am now stuck with no home charger until this software update comes out.
Hi, it would seem that I have the same issue, Wallbox told me to restore the unit to factory setting, which I did then to try again. Same issue light goes blue for a couple of seconds then goes red. I have sent off another email to Wallbox and am waiting for their reply. How frustrating!

Your ZS may only charge when locked on AC. Have you tried locking the car?

Wallbox have confirmed that they have a firmware issue with some MG ZS EV's. They have told me to be patient and they will have an update within a couple of weeks. Pity I didnt know that when I bought a Wallbox!

Hi I’m looking to buy a MG ZS EV, do you get a choice of charging companies? I’m reading what you guys say about faults and problems, before I buy also how good you rate the car.

Hi, yes you buy the charger from whom ever you wish. Look for yje best deals. The car is really good but do your own research and have a few test drives. It also depends on your budget. Goos luck.

If it's a free charger then the dealer will probably choose. When I ordered my car last July Pod Point contacted me a couple of days after.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom