Charging my New MG5 at home

Your quite right John, I also had an incentive to buy the Outlander, £5000 recouped from the UK government by the retailer. This then dropped to £3000 and now doesn't exist. Then bought a Hyundai Kona Premium 64kwh with a 6 year 0% loan from Home Energy Scotland. Also no longer available, though I think there are loans to purchase second hand EV's.

Whilst it would be nice to have the 'incentive' it precluded a lot of people unfairly eg people with no driveway or ones in rented accommodation etc. An incentive on car purchase was a much better idea IMHO, everyone making the move to an EV benefited.
Unfortunately not all incentives can be available to all, what a Utopian world that would be. It may have precluded some people but was it really unfair or simply that some were unable take advantage?
Help as many as can be helped but bearing in mind we can't always satisfy everyone.

Unfortunately not all incentives can be available to all, what a Utopian world that would be. It may have precluded some people but was it really unfair or simply that some were unable take advantage?
Help as many as can be helped but bearing in mind we can't always satisfy everyone.
Agreed but putting the incentive onto the car rather than charging points would make it available to many more people?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom