Charging past 80%

Harlequin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, I got very little information from the dealership when I picked up my new MG ZS LR the other week. Can someone please advise how I can charge the battery past 80%, please?

When you move the slider does it stay there or reset the next time you start the car
If I remember correctly, on the LR model it will charge to the percentage that you have set it too ?.
Our LR is set too 80% for the majority of the time, but the last time I set it too 100% for a long trip, I am sure it was on 100% the next day when I checked it ?.

Upvote 0
On my ZS LR SE it stays there till you change it again. 100% level is described as Long Trip mode but we do so many miles regularly I just set it to 100% all the time and then use “scheduled charging” on my wallbox at home to maximise the cheap window. If the battery was very low (sub 20%) then I don’t get a full charge. But most days I will wake up to 100% battery which is about 240 miles range.

I find it better to only use scheduled charging on the wallbox rather than the car. That way if I need to charge away from home the car is always ready to receive a charge.

Upvote 0
If I remember correctly, on the LR model it will charge to the percentage that you have set it too ?.
Our LR is set too 80% for the majority of the time, but the last time I set it too 100% for a long trip, I am sure it was on 100% the next day when I checked it ?.
Am I right in saying that you can only change it once it's charging? I tried to do it day (off charge) and it wouldn't increase

Upvote 0
Am I right in saying that you can only change it once it's charging? I tried to do it day (off charge) and it wouldn't increase
Odd - No ?.
You should be able to charge the % level of SOC required when it is NOT charging, either in the head unit or the App.
I prefer the head unit myself.

Upvote 0
Thanks to everyone for your replies, but I'm still not seeing the slider to increase the charge up to 100% - or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?

Attachments

• IMG_0631.JPG
    IMG_0631.JPG
    417.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_0632 2.JPG
    IMG_0632 2.JPG
    396.7 KB · Views: 204
Upvote 0
I'm still trying to get the app to connect - haven't been able to get a verification code yet.
A lot of people struggles verification code with phone number seems to work better with email so what happens when you tap the 100%?
Wait just seen your set at 100%you need to charge the car to see the green bar move
Screenshot_20230410-124005.png

Set line is at 100% lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A lot of people struggles verification code with phone number seems to work better with email so what happens when you tap the 100%?
Wait just seen your set at 100%you need to charge the car to see the green bar moveView attachment 16825
Set line is at 100% lol
Thanks - I didn't see the line move when/if I moved it - but I'll find out when it's next on charge. Thanks

Upvote 0
Thanks - I didn't see the line move when/if I moved it - but I'll find out when it's next on charge. Thanks
Yer so the green bar is your battery level right now and you just move that line that's at 100% now to where you want charge to stop you don't need to slide it just tap where you want it

Upvote 0
Predicted range at 100% fully charged, is estimating a PREDICTED range of 209 miles which is low.
However, then I noticed that the HVAC is running and set at 24 degrees ( which will reduce the range prediction of course ! ).
No idea of the driving mode selected, but would have hazard a guess as it's set to the default mode of "Normal" ?.
Trips reset .......... likely not.
This what I consistently see on our 14 month old ZS EV LR at a SOC set at 80% with the following settings in place :- both trips reset / ALL items turned off and in default mode(s) and in decent ( warm ) weather conditions.
It will predict a range of 212 miles at 80% SOC.
Then around 273 miles at the max 100% fully charged SOC.

Upvote 0
Predicted range at 100% fully charged, is estimating a PREDICTED range of 209 miles which is low.
However, then I noticed that the HVAC is running and set at 24 degrees ( which will reduce the range prediction of course ! ).
No idea of the driving mode selected, but would have hazard a guess as it's set to the default mode of "Normal" ?.
Trips reset .......... likely not.
This what I consistently see on our 14 month old ZS EV LR at a SOC set at 80% with the following settings in place :- both trips reset / ALL items turned off and in default mode(s) and in decent ( warm ) weather conditions.
It will predict a range of 212 miles at 80% SOC.
Then around 273 miles at the max 100% fully charged SOC.
Thanks for that - the AC is set at 24* because we are in the North East of Scotland and it's bl**dy freezing up here just now lol. When the weather improves, the AC will be turned down :)

Upvote 0
Hi, I got very little information from the dealership when I picked up my new MG ZS LR the other week. Can someone please advise how I can charge the battery past 80%, please?
You will need to move the charge limiter from 80% to 100%. If you go to the battery charge screen, you can move the limiter on the battery graphic.

Upvote 0
When I picked up my mg4 the dealer said you shouldn’t use rapid or ultra rapid for 100 per cent. Only slower such as home. I know the charge rate slows down from 80 to 100 but is there really any reason not to do that on something like Ionity 350?

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom