Charging percentage display!

rbpasapera

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello EV friends!

I just figured out that you can see the battery percentage on AC charging, car locked or unlocked, by pressing the button on the door handle without the smart/remote key, this way the information centre will show the charging status display.

20210108_171639.jpg

Last edited:
Hello EV friends!

I just figured out that you can see the battery percentage on AC charging, car locked or unlocked, by pressing the button on the door handle without the smart/remote key, this way the information centre will show the charging status display.

View attachment 1052
You can also just press the brake pedal down too; doesn’t work on rapid charging though...

Hello EV friends!

View attachment 1052
Yes that is correct. And with the new update we got in December, we just need to open the the door when it's not locked while charging to see the state of charge.
With next update it will be nice if it was possible to see the SOC. by flicking the Battery button in the center console.

Yes that is correct. And with the new update we got in December, we just need to open the the door when it's not locked while charging to see the state of charge.
With next update it will be nice if it was possible to see the SOC. by flicking the Battery button in the center console.
Or the remaining percentage of charge actually left in the battery rather then guessing from the gauge.

hi all
On the screen, under where it says charging the owner manual states this is the current time.
Page 154 of the owners manual. is this correct as this time is not the same as the clock on the infotainment screen.
I am confused as to what this is please help me still learning about the car.

thanks

Last edited:
hi all
On the screen, under where it says charging the owner manual states this is the current time.
Page 154 of the owners manual. is this correct as this time is not the same as the clock on the infotainment screen.
I am confused as to what this is please help me still learning about the car.

thanks

I interpret it as remaining time to 100% charge. I have never tested to verify accuracy though.

I interpret it as remaining time to 100% charge. I have never tested to verify accuracy though.
I have found it to fairly close to the finishing time, but not 100% accurate.
Of course this figure does not include any reported time of completion IF you intend to go on to balance the pack after charging to 100% of course.
This balance period is governed by the car / battery itself.
The only visual indicator is the MG logo badge light, that will display at a constant soft glow while balancing, then the car will extinguish the badge light and stop the charger, when this process has completed.

Another indicator is, when it's balancing, pressing the door lock button with the key out of range or opening the rear hatch (with the key), the car will report 100% charged on the display. When the balancing has finished it will say connected but not charging. This is how I tell when SWMBO's MG5 is still balancing, as it has no badge lights.

Last edited:
Another indicator is, when it's balancing, pressing the door lock button with the key out of range or opening the rear hatch (with the key), the car will report 100% charged on the display, when the balancing has finished it will say connected but not charging. This is how I tell when SWMBO's MG5 is still balancing, as it has no badge lights.
Oh I didn’t realise it was different in the MG5, seems crazy

thank you all for your comments.
I have also now concluded it is meant to be approx time to full charge and not current time

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom