Charging problems

sandra54

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I put a post up yesterday but received no replies. It’s not strictly an MGZS problem but when charging my car yesterday the i Smart app was showing the charge power as 1.7 kw . Over the weekend I charged the car for a total of 10 hours ( not all at the same time) and the battery had only risen from 41% to 56%. What should the charge power be ?

I put a post up yesterday but received no replies. It’s not strictly an MGZS problem but when charging my car yesterday the i Smart app was showing the charge power as 1.7 kw . Over the weekend I charged the car for a total of 10 hours ( not all at the same time) and the battery had only risen from 41% to 56%. What should the charge power be ?
Hi, are you charging on the granny charger. That seems a bit low 1.7kw. But saying that was correct, 1.7kw for 10 hours would be around 17 kwh or 17 units in to the battery. So 15% charge sounds about right, especially based on the fact that it was stopped and started over the weekend.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230731_104424.jpg
    Screenshot_20230731_104424.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 57
No it’s a Rolec charger.7kw I’m pretty sure it’s not been as slow as this in the past . I had it repaired last week as a part had “ burnt out “ I wondered if it just wasn’t working properly ?I’m on Octopus Agile so charge when cheaper , that’s why it was on 2x4hr charges.

Ah I see. The only way it will go that slow is if the car is set to charge slow (mg zs ev can't do that, some others can) or the chargers current is limited via a setting ( like for example a zappy) I had a look online there and it doesn't seem like the rolec charger speed can be adjusted without modifying the unit. So I wonder is your charger still faulty

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom