charging problems

RossN

Established Member
Reaction score
I wonder if folks could help. I have been having more and more problems charging my car on rapid chargers. A few months ago I had to call out the AA to restart my MG5 after I rapid charged it and it wouldnt start. Been fine ever since but now every single rapid charger I have tried (about 8-9 of them and multiple times) hasnt worked. I log on with my Chargeplace Scotland card. It accepts that but when I plug in and try to start charging I either get the percentage of the last car coming up on the screen or in the newer chargers this screen (2nd. pic) . My car does connect with the charger although the plug doesnt lock because the voltage goes down to just over 12V and the car wont start until I switch it off and on again (1st pic). I have booked it into the garage but interested to know if anyone else has had these problems as the garage might try and blame the chargers. Thanks in advance.
IMG_1900.JPG
IMG_1897.JPG

I’ve been having a lot of ChargePlace Scotland issues this past week, mainly RFID cards not authorising or the iOS app losing the charging session - but did see a ZS fail to start a few times like this - but not with the 12V battery issue.

Have you tried any other charger networks? And I’m assuming the ChargePlace Scotland fast chargers are okay, just the Rapids?

I’ve been having a lot of ChargePlace Scotland issues this past week, mainly RFID cards not authorising or the iOS app losing the charging session - but did see a ZS fail to start a few times like this - but not with the 12V battery issue.

Have you tried any other charger networks? And I’m assuming the ChargePlace Scotland fast chargers are okay, just the Rapids?
Tried a fast charger today and didnt work also. My home Zappi works fine thank goodness.

If you have the car fully on or 'half on' while trying to start a charge you will get that error. You must (in my experience) have the car off and the doors closed to start a session successfully.

Likewise if you turn the car half on during a charge and leave it on it drains power from the 12v battery.

Interestingly, I had a PodPoint rapid that failed twice but worked on the third occasion once I’d locked the doors. No idea if coincidence or if all these different units have their own idiosyncrasies

If you have the car fully on or 'half on' while trying to start a charge you will get that error. You must (in my experience) have the car off and the doors closed to start a session successfully.

Likewise if you turn the car half on during a charge and leave it on it drains power from the 12v battery.
I have tried full on, half on and off with doors closed and got the same result but in the past I have sat in the car while it was being charged on a rapid with no problems

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom