Charging stops when i unlock the car

madprof666

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
When i use the pod point charger in tesco i cant sit in the car whle it charges as it stops upon unlocking the door. Is there a way you can stop the charge point from unlocking when you open the door? Cheers in advance

Hi, do you know if all the BMS updates have been done?
Contact your dealer to check.
Does it work ok on other EVSE?

Upvote 0
Hi, do you know if all the BMS updates have been done?
Contact your dealer to check.
Does it work ok on other EVSE?
I only got the car 2 days ago. Its a 2020. It works on all chargers i have tried. But the podpoint ones seem to pause when i unlock. Maybe its a thing with podpoint. Its just frustrating.

Upvote 0
I've seen the same people sitting eating lunch and reading while charging at tesco.
Each to their own.
3hrs to save a fiver seems a tad sad to me and against the spirit of offering a quick top up while you shop.

Upvote 0
I've seen the same people sitting eating lunch and reading while charging at tesco.
Each to their own.
3hrs to save a fiver seems a tad sad to me and against the spirit of offering a quick top up while you shop.
Yeah i totally agree. I was only there half an hour but the shopping took ten mins 🤦🏻‍♂️

Upvote 0
I only got the car 2 days ago. Its a 2020. It works on all chargers i have tried. But the podpoint ones seem to pause when i unlock. Maybe its a thing with podpoint. Its just frustrating.
You've hit the nail on the head, it pauses and will then continue. It's the same on all 7kW chargers such as at home.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom