Charging with a 7kW Charger

Fiver

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I tried out charging my MG5 at a friend's house on his 7kW charger to make sure everything was okay if I ever decide to get one.

Using a ABRP I was able to get confirmation of the charging level.

Screenshot_20240223_193310_Sketchbook.jpg

It would be interesting to see what charge rate you get with a warmer battery and outside temperature.

Not sure if it helps but using the FL app you can see the charge rates and estimated time it will finish. Useful when using public chargers and wanting to monitor it remotely.

Don’t have an example of the screen when charging but you can see where the info would be.

IMG_5209.png

Not sure if it helps but using the FL app you can see the charge rates and estimated time it will finish. Useful when using public chargers and wanting to monitor it remotely.

Don’t have an example of the screen when charging but you can see where the info would be.

View attachment 24437
Hi, mine is pre-FL :)

I have a OBD2 Dongle that connects to the phone and I can see the state of charging for the car when in the house on my phone. Not as flexible as a dedicated app, but more than I expected when buying the car recently.

It also connects to ABRP to better calculate range and also plan long routes should I ever need to.

It would be interesting to see what charge rate you get with a warmer battery and outside temperature.
At home I only have the 3pin plug charger :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom