charging with fastned

Peterch

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I am only a few hundred miles in with my Team silver MG5 LR and wanted to make sure the Rapid charging was ok as I've only used by home charger todate. I downloaded the Fastned app and started to charge as per the charger instructions. App said charging but charger and car didnt after a few minutes cable wouldnt unlock from car. Locked it up and left it for 10 mins or so and it reset and allowed cable to be removed. Went to Grid serve at local motorway services and charged a couple of Kw to make sure all was ok Display showed something like -965 volts. how do you tell what rate it charged at and if anyone else had problems with Fastned

Not used Fastned but most units show charge rates alternatively boot up the car and scroll to the voltage and Amps and just multiply the two numbers to gets Watts

Exactly as above - this is the screen mentioned. 399V x 78A = 31,122W, or 31kW.

1650372872228.jpeg

I've been nervous about turning the car on whilst fast charging. Looks like this is what you've done and you're saying no issues?
So the car is fully on Ready - and you have got to this information screen?

I've been nervous about turning the car on whilst fast charging. Looks like this is what you've done and you're saying no issues?
So the car is fully on Ready - and you have got to this information screen?
When HV charging, you can press the Start/Stop button once and the car goes into ACC mode, pressing again moves to ON mode. In ON mode, you can use all the ancillary systems such as radio, heating and air con, etc - this doesn't seem to flatten the 12V battery so the HV system must still be charging the 12V battery system at this stage. Not sure of this happens when in ACC mode.

What you can't do when charging is go to the READY mode (pressing Start/Stop with foot on the brake pedal).

When HV charging, you can press the Start/Stop button once and the car goes into ACC mode, pressing again moves to ON mode. In ON mode, you can use all the ancillary systems such as radio, heating and air con, etc - this doesn't seem to flatten the 12V battery so the HV system must still be charging the 12V battery system at this stage. Not sure of this happens when in ACC mode.

What you can't do when charging is go to the READY mode (pressing Start/Stop with foot on the brake pedal).
Just look at the 12v display in ACC, 13/14v says HV charging the 12v, lower not.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom