Charging with Wallbox Pulsar Plus

Mrf04

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
How are MG4 owners finding charging with the Wallbox? Are you scheduling charging via the car or does the schedule in the Wallbox app work for you?

With my current car (Leon PHEV) the schedule on the Wallbox would never work (the car would go to sleep and not accept charge at the start of the schedule), so I’ve had to rely on the car’s schedule which has worked well, but needs overriding to use a public charger.

Ideally when I get my Trophy I’d like to use the Wallbox schedule instead of the car so the car is always ready to charge at public chargers. Have any Wallbox owners been able to do this or are we relying on car scheduling? Thanks!

I've only just collected my car today, so only did a quick charge test when I got home. I plugged the cable into the car, unlocked my Wallbox and the car started charging right away. Only left it a couple of minutes just to confirm that it was actually charging - won't need to try again for a while as the car is almost fully charged.

But the Wallbox app does enable scheduling - in fact after I'd done my test charge it asked me if I wanted to setup a schedule.

How are MG4 owners finding charging with the Wallbox? Are you scheduling charging via the car or does the schedule in the Wallbox app work for you?

With my current car (Leon PHEV) the schedule on the Wallbox would never work (the car would go to sleep and not accept charge at the start of the schedule), so I’ve had to rely on the car’s schedule which has worked well, but needs overriding to use a public charger.

Ideally when I get my Trophy I’d like to use the Wallbox schedule instead of the car so the car is always ready to charge at public chargers. Have any Wallbox owners been able to do this or are we relying on car scheduling? Thanks!
I set my schedule on my wallbox a year ago. I had an MG5 and it charged between 12:30 - 4:30, I then bought an MG4 and it does the same. So I just schedule it on the box and not the car. Works fine.

I set my schedule on my wallbox a year ago. I had an MG5 and it charged between 12:30 - 4:30, I then bought an MG4 and it does the same. So I just schedule it on the box and not the car. Works fine.
Perfect, hopefully I’ll be able to do the same then and my Leon is a one off for ignoring the Wallbox schedule!

Perfect, hopefully I’ll be able to do the same then and my Leon is a one off for ignoring the Wallbox schedule!
So if my car is plugged in and I set a scheduled charge it doesn't work. I also think if I set a scheduled charge but before the next schedule starts I manually charge it it doesn't work.

So what you need to do is:
Make sure you remove the schedule
Make sure your car is not plugged in
Set the schedule on your wallbox
Plug car in

Then it should charge forever overnight as long as you don't manually charge or change the schedule when the car is plugged in.

It may have been fixed by now as this was over a year ago I had this issue but that's what Wallbox told me to do.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 543 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back