Charging

TrevH

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I am new to plug in hybrid I have the home charger that plugs into a 13 amp socket. Can I charge at a service station on a long journey? The home charger takes about 4/5 hours but can I fast charge at a charging point?
Also what is the best and economical way to use the battery setting for a long journey, default, medium or high?
Many thanks.

On a long journey or away you can charge at a charger point but you will need your own type two cable to do this also may need a app and account depending on the charger you go two.
I was in Norfolk last week and used electric to get around most of the time as I could use granny charger where I was staying. I did a journey to one place which used most of my electric so went to a car park with a charger and as was going to be there 4 hours I plugged in the car, the charge to fill the car took 3h 50 minutes at 3kw which is the top speed it charges at, that cost £5.20.

Upvote 0
On a long journey or away you can charge at a charger point but you will need your own type two cable to do this also may need a app and account depending on the charger you go two.
I was in Norfolk last week and used electric to get around most of the time as I could use granny charger where I was staying. I did a journey to one place which used most of my electric so went to a car park with a charger and as was going to be there 4 hours I plugged in the car, the charge to fill the car took 3h 50 minutes at 3kw which is the top speed it charges at, that cost £5.20.
Hi many thanks, do some charring points have cables? I have seen some with cables hanging on them?
I assume you download the app at the charge point as some are different?

Upvote 0
You have to check on map or Zapmap they tell you what plugs are supported.
the photo is of the one I used in Sheringham Morris street

Attachments

• IMG_0654.png
    IMG_0654.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 62
Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom