Charging

ZoePOT

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all- I am a complete novice having never owned an EV before this week. I have a long range ZS. I cover on average 150 miles per day. I have noticed the battery only charges to 80% but I can see I can move the line to increase this. My question is, is there a reason that I shouldn't I always charge it to 100% when I am doing ao many miles? Thanks in advance.

It's so the car don't sit a 100% doing nothing as battery don't like it but if your using it then cool I would maybe try 90% if it works for mileage as at 100 you lose Regen

Thank you. I definitely have lots to learn about Ev's!
As you have the Long Range, then you should expect to see about 211 miles of range when charging to 80%.
As you are only covering 150 miles per day, then this should be plenty ?.
In the summer time ( depending on your driving style and speed traveling ) you should be consuming about one mile of range, for one mile or range.
I would suggest charging to 90% SOC and then see how much range you have on your return home.
From this, you can then decide if charging to 80% is enough.
I think you will find that 90% is OTT.

As you have the Long Range, then you should expect to see about 211 miles of range when charging to 80%.
As you are only covering 150 miles per day, then this should be plenty ?.
In the summer time ( depending on your driving style and speed traveling ) you should be consuming about one mile of range, for one mile or range.
I would suggest charging to 90% SOC and then see how much range you have on your return home.
From this, you can then decide if charging to 80% is enough.
I think you will find that 90% is OTT.
Thank you

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom