• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Checking charge whilst connected.

Wendycar127

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Is it possible to check how much % charge you have added whilst still charging or do you have to disconnect. Is it also possible to heat car whilst charging to save on range? ZS 2020

Is it possible to check how much % charge you have added whilst still charging or do you have to disconnect. Is it also possible to heat car whilst charging to save on range? ZS 2020
Open the door when charging and it shows the percentage on the display, car cannot heat when charging it will run on the 12 volt battery and possibly flatten it

Open the door when charging and it shows the percentage on the display
Or if you're out of the car, just press the close door button on the key fob, and squint to see the display with the annoyingly low contrast graphics through the driver's window. The state of charge as a percentage will show for 10-20 seconds on the dash.

car cannot heat when charging it will run on the 12 volt battery and possibly flatten it
? When charging, the contactors are on, so the high voltage pack is available for heating and cooling. Only the ventilation fans (which are one of the largest 12 V loads) and seat heaters (if fitted) run off 12 V. But while charging, the DC-DC is active, so 12 V loads come via the big pack, and ultimately reduce the charge rate a tiny bit. So the 12 V battery should not get depleted while charging.

While charging, if you press the button on the drivers door, it will display the current SOC and the remaining time to hit 100% in the dash panel, while looking through the drivers door window.
But, you do need to keep the keys AWAY from the car while doing this check !.

Or if you're out of the car, just press the close door button on the key fob, and squint to see the display with the annoyingly low contrast graphics through the driver's window. The state of charge as a percentage will show for 10-20 seconds on the dash.

? When charging, the contactors are on, so the high voltage pack is available for heating and cooling. Only the ventilation fans (which are one of the largest 12 V loads) and seat heaters (if fitted) run off 12 V. But while charging, the DC-DC is active, so 12 V loads come via the big pack, and ultimately reduce the charge rate a tiny bit. So the 12 V battery should not get depleted while charging.
So does this mean I could heat the car ever so slightly before disconecting and it wouldn't cause to much of an issue or be dangerous. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️

While charging, if you press the button on the drivers door, it will display the current SOC and the remaining time to hit 100% in the dash panel, while looking through the drivers door window.
But, you do need to keep the keys AWAY from the car while doing this check !.
Do I not need the key on my person to open/close door? What would happen? Someone on here said ev's were like computers on wheels and I hate computers lol.

When I remember, I open the drivers door window before starting to charge and its then easier to read the display during charging..........after pressing the door button and ensuring the car keys are not near the car.

If sitting in car you can press brake pedal and charge state will display.
That never worked for me. 🙁

However if in the car, without foot on the brake cycle through the start button one push, two push and three push off again, SOC will display for a time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom