Checking Order Status with MG

Grandadgeorgec

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi, I have my order number from my dealer but not much else being communicated despite visits and calls to them. Probably don't have the info themselves. However, I get the impression from some posts that there is a way to get some status info from MG direct? Anyone enlighten me or correct me please? 👴

Hi, I have my order number from my dealer but not much else being communicated despite visits and calls to them. Probably don't have the info themselves. However, I get the impression from some posts that there is a way to get some status info from MG direct? Anyone enlighten me or correct me please? 👴
Good Morning,

In your case at least you have had constant communication with your dealer. However they all work off the same basis. You will be given an ETA when purchased, typically the dreaded 16weeks from MG generally this is what is quoted for all orders now however in reality and what has been seen previously with the ZS EV they Will arrive in batches and you will only typically be updated once your car has been built & that is when the status moves from TBA to built and then your dealer can inform you of when they expect the ship to arrive etc. in some cases the dealer don’t know any allocation until it’s arrived also - so very confusing system. This info is based off experience so far so might not be the consistency for everyone.

Good Morning

We have ordered a MG4 Trophy as we were told it is now an 8 week wait for delivery. Talking to another dealer it was at lease Feb next year. Very confused at the minute and if the dealer is not telling the truth about the delivery time I will be cancelling the order.

Good Morning

We have ordered a MG4 Trophy as we were told it is now an 8 week wait for delivery. Talking to another dealer it was at lease Feb next year. Very confused at the minute and if the dealer is not telling the truth about the delivery time I will be cancelling the order.
Last I heard, it was 8 weeks if you wanted orange, and 14-16 for other colours or trims.

Last I heard, it was 8 weeks if you wanted orange, and 14-16 for other colours or trims.
That sounds right as Darlington dealer said better chance of getting Orange than Red before Xmas. So maybe they do have an idea there is more Orange ones available?

But do we think the 8/14-16 weeks starts from the date of order, or from now? If you ordered mid August, so 6-7 weeks ago, was that when the order clock started, which would mean that it might not be too far off. I don't think anyone has the answer to this, even the dealers! The dealer I spoke to yesterday thought it would be from the date of the August order, but they really didn't have any information, they were just speculating as we are here!

But do we think the 8/14-16 weeks starts from the date of order, or from now? If you ordered mid August, so 6-7 weeks ago, was that when the order clock started, which would mean that it might not be too far off. I don't think anyone has the answer to this, even the dealers! The dealer I spoke to yesterday thought it would be from the date of the August order, but they really didn't have any information, they were just speculating as we are here!
That was from date of order (19th August for me, the day the books opened).

That sounds right as Darlington dealer said better chance of getting Orange than Red before Xmas. So maybe they do have an idea there is more Orange ones available?
Got similar info from MG Guildford, 8 weeks orange 16 for other colours, and when I asked that was from order. Though I guess it's aligned to the boats arriving so maybe better to think about it as which boat/batch/month of arrival rather than straight weeks from date of order directly

Got similar info from MG Guildford, 8 weeks orange 16 for other colours, and when I asked that was from order. Though I guess it's aligned to the boats arriving so maybe better to think about it as which boat/batch/month of arrival rather than straight weeks from date of order directly
On that note, the next shipload seems to be on the "Grand Venus", due into Portbury on Oct 7th (Friday)

How do you know this?
I read other threads on this forum. Threads you posted on, so you should've had the same notification I did that there were more posts.

I use VesselFinder to track the ships.

My dealer told me today that the car hasn't been built yet and when they're notified it has been it'll then be 8-10 weeks

I read other threads on this forum. Threads you posted on, so you should've had the same notification I did that there were more posts.

I use VesselFinder to track the ships.

Just find it interesting - I mean I wouldn't have a clue how you go about finding the actual ship the cars are transported on. Must be from somebody who works at the ports or something.

I spoke to the dealer today to clarify paperwork and was advised that they are now getting cars that were pre ordered sight unseen, no test drive, :O My order placed 2 weeks ago will be due December ( didnt say which year tho ;). ). Info from the 2 different local dealers is consistent in that the deposits taken for these sight unseen will be refunded if the buyer decides the do not want it, and they have a list on 1st come 1st serve to get the unwanted car, so anyone who has ordered and been told to expect Dec / Early Jan could be very lucky if they are very high on the order list to get one of these "unwanted". Looking at the poll on another thread, the Orange is not going to be as popular as the marketing people think, so I personally think if you want orange, you could be lucky and 'jump up' the queue, and those of us that have ordered Red / Grey would have to be exceptionally lucky. ( my crystal ball is not totally reliable )

My dealer, East Midlands based, promised my SE LR would arrive end of September. On the basis of that I agreed it be registered so they could get the car on the first month sales figures. Now they are saying they have no idea when it will arrive, variously promising "tomorrow", "in 24 hours", "end of the week" etc. I've actually paid for the #£@*ing car and they still don't know where it is.
Waitrose can tell me the name of the cow in my burger, what field it lived in, the name of its friends and the route it took to my table but MG Dealerships can't find a 2 tonne car?
Doesn't bode well for future relationships.

I went for my test drive on Saturday (SE LR) and put down a deposit on a White Trophy, guy stated the 16 weeks, but said there are some deliveries due and he anticipated 16 weeks would be a "maximum" I guess we wait and see

I went for my test drive on Saturday (SE LR) and put down a deposit on a White Trophy, guy stated the 16 weeks, but said there are some deliveries due and he anticipated 16 weeks would be a "maximum" I guess we wait and see
Welcome to the White Trophy club. We ordered about 3 weeks ago and were told to expect Jan/Feb.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back