Chinese Person's Explanation for No Bad MG4 Reports from China

Samoyed

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
A man called William Li comments about MG/SAIC very interesting, see attachments from comments he made on a YouTube video about the MG4 oil leak.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221015-083259-009.png
    Screenshot_20221015-083259-009.png
    340.9 KB · Views: 233
  • Screenshot_20221015-083321-583.png
    Screenshot_20221015-083321-583.png
    272.8 KB · Views: 235
Interesting, but don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Also n=1
Counter Evidence - this community, plenty of good feedback on the EV4 (minus the current shenanigans which could be just first batch issue ... I hope)

I’ve heard about SAIC’s reputation in China before. (Mind you, could be the same person!)

That’s an interesting perspective. Just going by what is said about SAIC on Wikipedia, it is the largest state owned car manufacturer in China with over 200,000 employees.

According to this article, “It has been made with a collaboration between the British team and the Chinese team at SAIC to cater to the design requirements and user habits of global consumers. Ever since the project was started, the European market was set as the primary target.”

Coming to Europe to compete with iD.3

Strange, I read on the internet, either What car or one of the papers for the most reliable and not reliable EVs on the market. MG were second at 95% reliability which brought a smile to my face lol

Strange, I read on the internet, either What car or one of the papers for the most reliable and not reliable EVs on the market. MG were second at 95% reliability which brought a smile to my face lol
Probably says more about the other EV manufacturers than MG :ROFLMAO:

Interesting, but don't believe everything you read on the internet.
Also n=1
Counter Evidence - this community, plenty of good feedback on the EV4 (minus the current shenanigans which could be just first batch issue ... I hope)
I think there are more than enough reviews here in the UK proving MG4 is a decent well built car and I’ve watched a couple of reviews in HK too which are also favourable.
I think this William Li might have an axe to grind, maybe he’s had a bad experience with SAIC?

Last edited:
That’s odd as other than the buggy infotainment screen we found the ZSEV and MG5 we had previously very reliable.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 530 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back