Climate control available in mg zs ev 2021.

Maximus

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone tried this yet?

STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS

Set up menu
System
Tap screen starting at top left (help file title), top right, bottom right, bottom left (serial number title).

Top Engineering mode several times until CAN info appears
CAN info
Page 1
Select ATC_D
OK System will restart, and now you have climate control for free! You're welcome!

credit: Chris Vanderstock: Check out his channel Chris Vanderstock - YouTube

Thanks for that, Maximus 👏. I often watch Chris's videos but had missed this one. I've just done it now and it works perfectly (the number of taps on 'Engineering mode' to get the next screen seems a bit random though).

The HVAC, combined with the laggy screen response, has been my only real disappointment with the ZS EV and this will definitely make my driving experience even more enjoyable. Where I am, the cooling is used way more than heating and fiddling with AC and fan speed to try and get it right has always been a distraction, but hopefully no more.

Even if it doesn't actually keep the temperature exact the better screen display is worth it. Why MG don't make this known is beyond me and makes me wonder if there might be some other consequences so I'll keep an eye out for any unintended effects.

Last edited:
Thanks for that, Maximus 👏. I often watch Chris's videos but had missed this one. I've just done it now and it works perfectly (the number of taps on 'Engineering mode' to get the next screen seems a bit random though).

The HVAC, combined with the laggy screen response, has been my only real disappointment with the ZS EV and this will definitely make my driving experience even more enjoyable. Where I am, the cooling is used way more than heating and fiddling with AC and fan speed to try and get it right has always been a distraction, but hopefully no more.

Even if it doesn't actually keep the temperature exact the better screen display is worth it. Why MG don't make this known is beyond me and makes me wonder if there might be some other consequences so I'll keep an eye out for any unintended effects.
Could it be because it changes the quoted range negatively. Just a thought.

ISTR when I tried this a while back, the temperature was showing on the screen but I could not change the fan speed, so I changed it back.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom