Co Charger network

daverobbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone had experience of using Co Charger?
It is an app that allows you to book a charging slot at someones HOME charger and you pay them via the app when the charge is completed.
You pay by the hour but most are equivalent to around 35p per KW, which is much cheaper than all other public charging networks.
You can also become a host and therefore rent out your home charger.

Apologies if this has previously been covered in a thread.

People charging 35p/hour during the daytime are probably making a loss at current electricity prices given the 12% commission.

Thought about Co-Charger - heh, come round and use our Ohme Pro. We're on an EDF fixed tariff @ 21p, 24/7, and have driveway space for several cars. So yes, I could charge the user 35p and make 14p profit. Let's assume user wants to go from 20-80% on say an MG with a 57kw battery, thats 11kw to 45 kw, so 34kw total. User pays £11.90 and I make £4.76 - hmmmmmm. To cap it all, where we live is a rural town and only a handful of EVs kicking around. In the more urban areas, it might just be worth our while.

So that's four cans of beer, 8 pints of milk etc, etc.. TBH, to make any real money, I'd have to charge way more than 35p and TBH, I can't be asked. Good idea but I'm in the wrong location.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom