Collected new ZS Connect but satnav is freezing

I have seen the car show the centre of Brussels as its location. This seems to occurreif it hasn't got a good GPS signal. Usually fixes itself after a few seconds when a good GPS fix is found. Maybe your problem is the GPS receiver fun tion🤔

I have seen the car show the centre of Brussels as its location. This seems to occurreif it hasn't got a good GPS signal. Usually fixes itself after a few seconds when a good GPS fix is found. Maybe your problem is the GPS receiver fun tion🤔
Thank you. Simultaneously with the car Satnav showing the car in Brussels, the MG app on my phone showed the car at the correct place so I was thinking that the GPS and Satnav are different systems.

Interesting point..... I wonder what the significance is of the address in Brussels?.... Could it be the software developers address🤣

Interesting point..... I wonder what the significance is of the address in Brussels?.... Could it be the software developers address🤣
It will be a HQ position.

The in built Nav in my Golf used to revert to Wolfsburg in Germany every so often.

Use Google Maps folks!

It can be hard to search for something when it can have so many names.

The answer is to turn off dead reckoning; see for example

I have have similar problems on my Gen 2 ZS trophy. It’s been back to the dealer twice, they say there is no dead reckoning on this model. They rebooted the software but no improvement .
Woe betide you if you deviate from the advised route, it doesn’t know whether it wants a s**t or haircut. Also when on motorways it will pick up side roads and tells you to “make a u turn when possible“! I don’t think so.

I have have similar problems on my Gen 2 ZS trophy. It’s been back to the dealer twice, they say there is no dead reckoning on this model.
They need to take another look though the menus in the head unit again !.
It’s in there alright and defaulted to “ON” from the factory.
Unless things have changed in the last six months, but I doubt it.

Morning all,

I collected a new Black Trophy Connect SR from the boys in Chorley at the tail end of last week. Drove it back to Swansea and using ABRP made one 20 minute stop to charge at a rapid in Ludlow. No problems at all. Arrived home with 23% remaining. Great!

I am finding the car very impressive, comfortable to drive and I am using everything I need to (HVAC etc. with AC on and set to 21-22 deg.) without worrying about range. For me, it is there to be used. If I have to make a stop to charge, I will choose a rapid and make the stop, grab a coffee, use the bathroom.

As I mentioned, coming down from Chorley to Swansea (about 185 miles total through central Wales) I was using the ABRP through Android Auto and connected to the car. I didn't use the cars own satnav.

Starting yesterday, I tried out the cars satnav just out of interest and it the screen came up with my current location. After moving off, it stayed at the origin location and didn't move. It was basically frozen. I am able to move to other screens and everything else works as it should. Did it again this morning.

Has anyone else had this issue? I haven't contacted Simon at Chorley yet but will do if this persists.

As a point of interest, the last day or so has also seen, when getting ready to move off, the "HV Battery Disconnected" shows and I have to press the start button to shutdown, and press again to start. Is this also something someone has experienced and connected to the satnav issue?

I have searched on this site and also in Google but nothing close comes up.

Thanks,
Andrew
Go into Sat nav settings and take off dead reckoning. That should sort

I drove to Northampton on the A428 fromBedford and passed signs saying the road would be closed by the time I returned. No problem as I have Google maps. When I fired it up to head home, Google Maps said " A428 closed, unable to find route"

Now I've been carrying my TomTom, planning to do a comparison prior to my trip to Spain later this year. It insisted that the A428 was the only route.

Finally tried Waze, which knew that the road was closed and routed me along the A45, down the M1, and along the A421. All went swimmingly until I found roadworks had closed the A421 and Waze didn't know and refused to give me any alternatives.

I reverted to old fashioned diversion route signs and eventually arrived home. I don't normally follow diversion routes as they have to cater for HGVs and satnav often have shorter routes that are unsuitable for HGV, but on this occasion, I just lost the will to live.

What does dead reckoning actually do and why is it there if it causes problems? fwiw I don't use the onboard satnav, I tend to use Waze through Android Auto but I know the wife will use the onboard when she needs it.
Dead reckoning doesn’t take into account local environmental issues, traffic, weather etc, or so I think I understand 🤔

I think it just indicates that MG are way off Google with a Nav system 😄 has
Only had our ZS for a few days, but the inbuilt satnav showing charge point locations, for me is clearer/larger than Google and Apple maps connected via my iPhone, nicer voice to-boot 👍🫠

Only had our ZS for a few days, but the inbuilt satnav showing charge point locations, for me is clearer/larger than Google and Apple maps connected via my iPhone, nicer voice to-boot 👍🫠
I just found the UI to be terrible and the bit that actually matters (the routing) to be not as good as Google.

The charging locations thing is fine, but if you have a Trophy there's no live usage data like there was on my old Ioniq.

The info around whether the cars SoC will get you to the next charger I find to be not good either. If you are going to do an integrated Nav at least take maximum advantage of the car integration!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom