Collected yesterday

Fin

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
Collected my Green Xpower yesterday, so far so good.
No vibrations at motorway speed, all the panels seem to be lined up.
There was a bit of condensation in the back light panel but it has gone this morning.
There is a bit of a gap on the undertray - I've emailed the dealer to flag that.
It looks bad in the photo but it's fairly zoomed in.

I have to say I'm pleased with it - the acceleration will take a bit of getting used to.
Is 2.1 good for the KW figure?
MG.jpg
MG side.jpg

MG undertray 2.jpg

I assume you mean 2.1 miles/kWh? That's low ... but it very much depends on a lot of factors - temperature, elevation changes, driving style, hoon-factor. 😎

Re. the undertray - that looks similar to the X-Power I looked at in the showroom when I was last at my dealer.

Siteguru - I think the 2.1 miles/kWh is definitely related to the 'hoon factor'!
I'll enjoy the car for a few days and then work on trying to get into the '3s' for that.
Grriff- Thanks for the Guide, it'll definitely help getting it set up the way I want it

I got a reply from the Dealer about the undertray:
I forwarded your email to our servicing team and our technician looked at your images. The technician has assured me that this is how the MG4's are designed and how the undertray should look.

Collected my Green Xpower yesterday, so far so good.
No vibrations at motorway speed, all the panels seem to be lined up.
There was a bit of condensation in the back light panel but it has gone this morning.

Good to hear you have no vibes and are enjoying your new XPower 👍... long may it continue 😊.

I get a bit of condensation in the rear light panel too ... it seems to move around !! I'm hoping for a warm sunny day to park it in the sun for a few hours to dry everything out. I don't think the rear lights get that hot when using at night.

Good to hear you have no vibes and are enjoying your new XPower 👍... long may it continue 😊.

I get a bit of condensation in the rear light panel too ... it seems to move around !! I'm hoping for a warm sunny day to park it in the sun for a few hours to dry everything out. I don't think the rear lights get that hot when using at night.
The weather was awful when I picked it up - cold and raining. Hopefully we get a bit of sunny weather! At least we've got heated seats and steering wheel until then!

My undertray looks like yours and I've not bothered with it.

Worried about efficiency?
You should have bought a Trophy LR.

I can achieve 4.5 m/kWh........Boring.🤣

2.5 -3 is more realistic if you intend to have any fun in your car.

Enjoy the fact that your car has no vibes.

It's all gravy from here on in!

@Griff's guide is very useful.

Have fun! 👍

I only looked at the undertray because of the various posts on here (and other places) about it. I'm not bothered about it but wanted to flag it to the dealer on the offchance something goes wrong at a later date.
I certainly intend to enjoy the car and picked the XPower for the craic - purely the entertainment value! For too long I've driven the 'Daddy' car and been sensible. Life's too short for that nonsense!
:D

A few days in and I'm still enjoying the car - really easy to drive, the power delivery is just so smooth and just keeps going!
That will take me a bit of getting used to - I'm still in the 'oh ****!' phase when I put my foot down, but I wouldn't have got this one if I didn't want a thrill every now and then!
The main downside for me is the infotainment system, the screen is not very responsive and playing music is more of a chore than it really should be. On Sunday for some reason I wasn't getting anything - bluetooth, usb or even the radio! Irritating to say the least - trying to navigate the screens while driving. I left it to the passenger and after about 20 minutes she was able to get something playing, I'm not sure how she did it though!
I have noticed that it will play both bluetooth and usb music at the same time - special!
The system is obviously designed to make the Android Auto/Carplay the easiest option so I reckon that will be my next step.
One other thing I noticed was that the windscreen washer sprays a mist instead of 'jets' of water, this wasn't very effective at getting the flys off the screen. Is this the way they all are or do I need to adjust mine?

My windscreen washers work in the same way as yours.
Yes, the infotainment system is full of 'interesting' features which take some getting used to. And they change when you think you've just about understood them. As you discovered, a co-pilot is very useful.
My Guide may help, I think the software is similar :Guide to the MG4 Trophy

Thanks Grriff - I had read your guide and thought I knew what I was doing but clearly there's a gap between reading and understanding that I need to work on!;)

You can adjust them but it is a right PITA.

And unlike any washer jets you have ever adjusted before.

The technique is in here somewhere, just have a go at the search function.

After 8 months of ownership my GOTO for music is Android Auto & Amazon music.

I just ask Alexa to deal with my requests.

No buttons to push.
No screen to touch.

Make sure you have set up your EQ and Virtual Sub for best results.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom