Collected today - bitter sweet experience

The statement "The vibration that you refer to is present on all vehicles of this model" is a lie as mine is fine, no vibrations at all to concern me.
Yep totally agree. I've driven three X-powers extensively and only one had the issue - unfortunately for me this was the one I purchased.

I also had an e-mail from a sales manager at Howards who stated that of the 10 X-Powers he'd sold, only 1 had the issue. I forwarded this email to Gary Smart as part of my evidence that this statement was untrue - strangely heard nothing back as it doesn't suit their corporate narrative.

Further reply from Gary Smart at MG uk (I replied pointing out that their ‘stance’ that this issue effected all x-power vehicles was incorrect, together with some evidence of this, which he strangely ignored) :-

Dear James

Thank you for your email, and although I do appreciate your frustration, there is no ‘stance’ as you state from MG.

We know that all MG4 XPower, currently include this characteristic, usually around 60-70 mph.

Although there is no manufacturing defect, we are taking customer feedback seriously and are working on solutions to improve driver experience. We realise the disappointment and inconvenience that this is causing.

Whilst it is good practice for us to do this, for many reasons, we are under no obligation to do so. We are taking this action to recognise and improve customer satisfaction with the vehicle and you should keep in touch with your MG dealership for future updates.

I am truly sorry for any inconvenience caused in the meantime.
Yours sincerely

Gary Smart
Customer Service Coordinator

So that’s me told!

Do we actually think they are working on a fix for this or just treating us like chomps?

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

"We are under no obligation to do so"???

Arrogant ******!!!

If you (MG) want repeat custom, especially of your Performance Offering Chummy, you had better bloody feel obligated!!!!

Un F ing Believable!!!

To be clear, my vibes are now barely Imperceptible, but I would prefer that they were FULLY Imperceptible. 🤣

Last edited:
.....Do we actually think they are working on a fix for this or just treating us like chomps?

I reckon the latter for existing owners I'm afraid 😡.... especially after reading that email.

A fix may come on new cars eventually but words like "working on solutions to improve driver experience" suggests to me there is no cost effective fix for existing cars. Hope I'm wrong !!

Thanks for posting it on here btw.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom