Disappointing day today

I think forum satisfaction may change.

Those who got the earliest cars had no information on what problems to expect, so each one was a nasty surprise.

Those, like me, receiving the car a few months in know what to expect and so we'll be more tolerant of those same issues.

That's not to say there aren't nasty issues still waiting to be discovered! I expect there are.
All people want is honesty.

All people want is honesty.
Sorry to hear about all your grief - you order a new car, you are all excited it’s going to take a few months but that does matter because you’re fired up with expectations.
Then you start seeing issues and problems hitting you left and right but you soldier on. People get locked in car (very dangerous) steering decides to take control (also very dangerous).
And then to cap it all manufacturer and dealer show lack of experience or complete indifference to your plight.
Big question should you reject or not?
It might just be a small percentage that have issues- you said yourself- you have not had the door locking problem. Hang with it it’s a great motor.

I’m definitely feeling a dip in ownership satisfaction based solely on this forum. Will it make any difference to sales and the progress of MG in the Uk? Time will tell. Personally, I doubt it.
You are probably right but unless the address the glaring issues MG is going to be stuck with the cheap and cheerful tag for a good while.

The SE cars are a great price still but only if it's at your front door and most of the systems are working as they should.

The fact that there are so many variations of faults (also no faults) with certain systems is so frustrating for people. Add into that the not proactively fitting the new breather and forcing on Ill fitting trays is just a damming indictment on the quality of the car and service.

As I've said the 2 SE models are still a great deal, the jump to the trophy and all the issues and lack of quality make it less of great deal compared to cars a bit more expensive than it.

It'll be interesting to compare the cars arriving next month to those from the initial build. They have already removed the eye sensor from the Trophy but will they have they fitted an upgraded oil breather and flat undertray too? And what versions of the software will be installed?

Wow. Just spoke to MG customer service... As much use as a chocolate fireguard. 'We sold it to the dealer so their problem'.

Utter shocked at MG
They are resting on their laurels- ‘Best car 2023’ ‘Best EV 2023’ ‘Which? car of the year’. While people are swarming for orders - their priority will be to them - sales rule!

It'll be interesting to compare the cars arriving next month to those from the initial build. They have already removed the eye sensor from the Trophy but will they have they fitted an upgraded oil breather and flat undertray too? And what versions of the software will be installed?
Yep - compare bulges and how much they drip…

Wow. Just spoke to MG customer service... As much use as a chocolate fireguard. 'We sold it to the dealer so their problem'.

Utter shocked at MG
They'll always point you to your dealer for problems with your specific car. That's how it works with most manufacturers. If you're not satisfied with your dealer, you can make a complaint to customer services, although whether it achieves anything is another matter.

I know it sucks, but it isn't surprising.

They are resting on their laurels- ‘Best car 2023’ ‘Best EV 2023’ ‘Which? car of the year’. While people are swarming for orders - their priority will be to them - sales rule!
The awards are so numerous now that you could pick out a number of EV's that have won similar.
There should be an award with regards to the ownership experience that would be worth advertising by the manufacturers

The awards are so numerous now that you could pick out a number of EV's that have won similar.
There should be an award with regards to the ownership experience that would be worth advertising by the manufacturers
My local butcher advertises ’award winning sausages’. I asked him about the award (he’s a nice chap), he said the pig was best in show!

The dealers are hung out to dry by MG . They can't offer good service without support from the manufacturer.
I do take your point… but.
Perhaps before the dealer sells you the car, tells you all the positive things about awards and 7 year warranty etc etc, and takes your money they should read you a disclaimer that says; just to let you know that in the event you have issues we are hung out to dry by MG and you’ll be passed from one to the other with no real ownership.
And dealers can indeed offer good service (or at least much improved) by firstly communicating well with their customers, even if MG themselves are not that helpful, customers will respond better to being kept updated.
As you will guess, I have little sympathy with dealerships and passing the blame

Dealers need to make more effort because social media can cripple companies if the masses get hold of it and all are not happy

I do take your point… but.
Perhaps before the dealer sells you the car, tells you all the positive things about awards and 7 year warranty etc etc, and takes your money they should read you a disclaimer that says; just to let you know that in the event you have issues we are hung out to dry by MG and you’ll be passed from one to the other with no real ownership.
And dealers can indeed offer good service (or at least much improved) by firstly communicating well with their customers, even if MG themselves are not that helpful, customers will respond better to being kept updated.
As you will guess, I have little sympathy with dealerships and passing the blame
I agree that there are obviously good a bad dealers out there. But they can't promise to fix something for you if the manufacturer won't pay them for it. That's what I'm saying. Must be difficult to tell you what they'd like to tell you and fix your car when they know MG won't back them up. But you are right, it's the dealer who sold you the car and it's their responsibility to sort out the issues.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 472 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 79 13.2%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.7%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back