Collection and First Drive of my Camden Grey Xpower

JonnyG

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 XPOWER
I picked up my new Xpower form Cars2 MG Wakefield this morning. Everything seemed in order and I had quite a checklist of thing to look at after reading all the threads on this forum. The bonnet insulation was in place, the undertray bulges were minimal (a few mm at most), no sign of oil leaks, windscreen washer jets sprayed fine on the window etc. etc.. The salesman Brad setup and binded my Ismart App and setup Apple Carplay and the menu appeared on the left. However on leaving the dealer to drive home the CarPlay menu was correctly positioned on the right !

It came with a a 3-pin charger in an MG case. I tested this back at home and all seems to charge OK (very slowly).

A few pics here :-

First job is to spray the caliper covers gloss black I've decided.

The drive home was very similar to my test drive. The vibration reported by others through the steering wheel at around 65-75 is minimal on mine, and although I could feel it initially it seemed to go away once cruising rather than accelerating up to 70. It was certainly a lot better that driving on many of todays road surfaces and I suspect I will only detect it on smooth surfaces on gentle acceleration. I do not for one minute think this is a big problem ... certainly not so far on my car.

Attachments

• IMG_2222.JPG
    IMG_2222.JPG
    889.3 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_2223.JPG
    IMG_2223.JPG
    760.3 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_2226.JPG
    IMG_2226.JPG
    614.6 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_2229.JPG
    IMG_2229.JPG
    562.2 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_2243.JPG
    IMG_2243.JPG
    633.2 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_2244.JPG
    IMG_2244.JPG
    817.5 KB · Views: 369
Nice car, enjoy. Totally agree with painting the caliper covers, however will have to remove mine as it will be a lease. Please post updates as and when.

Fabulous, looks super shiny! That colour looks great.
I picked up mine last Thursday and had some spare bits and bobs from some previous Le Man trips and did something naughty at the weekend.....

Not sure if they'll stay on for long but I like the novelty of them at the moment! 🤣

Attachments

• 20230925_170520.jpg
    20230925_170520.jpg
    691 KB · Views: 349
  • 20230925_170420.jpg
    20230925_170420.jpg
    545.6 KB · Views: 375
Last edited:
Love it! Now stop posting until I’ve got mine please 🤪 I’m ridiculously excited and all these posts are NOT helping hehe.
Thankfully the trophy made orange popular so mine will still have SOME sleeper cred but not as much as yours. Looks ace! 👍

I'll post up the photos before and after. Though about gloss red but the covers are so big I decided to stick to black - the same colour as the alloy wheel inner rims. Also ordered the Ali-express black front MG badge cover to complete the grey / black look. The caliper covers are thin metal (you can bend them around a bit). No locking wheel nuts which was a bit of a surprise. The roof is a black vinyl wrap on mine (if you open the boot you seen see the bottom edge as it wraps over to the inside edge).

I've asked around about locking wheel nuts, I'd buy some from Amazon if I had the size but just got negative comments from some of the MG4 FB groups. I still don't know what size I should get.

I've asked around about locking wheel nuts, I'd buy some from Amazon if I had the size but just got negative comments from some of the MG4 FB groups. I still don't know what size I should get.
Have a walk into Halfords with one off your car to compare.
See what they are asking for a set then play them off against your best Amazon price.
If they won't play on price at least you will know which set to order.
The benefit of that (providing your car is in the car park) is that you can check that what your are buying definitely fits.

All of the previous MG models are fitted with wheel retaining bolts & not nuts ?.
And the locking wheel bolts ( M14X1.5 ) appear to be the same etc.
On Ebay they offer them in bright silver or in a black finish and are £20.00 a set.
Ask the dealer to confirm that the wheel bolts are the same as previous models.

Locking wheel nuts 2023-09-26 at 13.07.10.png

Here is the link for the bolts in a black finish.
The bright silver are on the same page.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I picked up my new Xpower form Cars2 MG Wakefield this morning. Everything seemed in order and I had quite a checklist of thing to look at after reading all the threads on this forum. The bonnet insulation was in place, the undertray bulges were minimal (a few mm at most), no sign of oil leaks, windscreen washer jets sprayed fine on the window etc. etc.. The salesman Brad setup and binded my Ismart App and setup Apple Carplay and the menu appeared on the left. However on leaving the dealer to drive home the CarPlay menu was correctly positioned on the right !

It came with a a 3-pin charger in an MG case. I tested this back at home and all seems to charge OK (very slowly).

A few pics here :-

First job is to spray the caliper covers gloss black I've decided.

The drive home was very similar to my test drive. The vibration reported by others through the steering wheel at around 65-75 is minimal on mine, and although I could feel it initially it seemed to go away once cruising rather than accelerating up to 70. It was certainly a lot better that driving on many of todays road surfaces and I suspect I will only detect it on smooth surfaces on gentle acceleration. I do not for one minute think this is a big problem ... certainly not so far on my car.
Lovely. I’m sometimes up in York and when I get mine (4 wks Mon) SE SR I’m going to take the North Yorks Moors route ❤️
so may you about on the a1/64 👍

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom