Condensation

The only time I get lots of condensation is if I’m actually sitting in the car charging when it’s raining. The rest of the time my car is generally okay unless there’s been a sudden change in temperature; I do confess to have two dehumidifier pads on the front dash to soak up any additional moisture. But as long as the fans are on if driving when it’s raining it’s fine, that may change though if I had more family members in the car, but it’s mainly only me using it for work.

The best thing is to keep the AC on the whole winter time. If you turn it on/off often then you are likely to end up with misty windows.
Unless you really are going to stretch your maximum range, then it is best to just keep the AC and some sort of heat on at all times.
A couple of dehumidifier bag's is also helpful, I have 3 laying in our car.
hi i have my zs for 3 years and have had the same problem from new I have a 3year service with Bridgend mg last one due this month i have told them about this problem from new and they just fob me they have a plaster for every sore not only this problem several others which would take to long to say. I cant wait to get rid of it and have a tidy car
S / H / I / T. thats what i think of MG

I have only had my ZS EV since mid October, so only autumn/winter weather. When i look on a morning ,all my neighours cars are clear and mine looks like a policeman needs to shine his torch in it .The heaters are great and melt any ice etc very well but the condensation on the inside glass is shocking.i wipe all glass inc sunroof as often as possible but the problem persists .as i am new to fully EV driving,i wondered if this is common on all EVs or just my ZS .can anyone shed any light on the situation.PS i love the car and if this has to be my daily routine then so be it ,i can live with it .never go back to petrol.
I have only had my ZS EV since mid October, so only autumn/winter weather. When i look on a morning ,all my neighours cars are clear and mine looks like a policeman needs to shine his torch in it .The heaters are great and melt any ice etc very well but the condensation on the inside glass is shocking.i wipe all glass inc sunroof as often as possible but the problem persists .as i am new to fully EV driving,i wondered if this is common on all EVs or just my ZS .can anyone shed any light on the situation.PS i love the car and if this has to be my daily routine then so be it ,i can live with it .never go back to petrol.
That’s interesting. There seems to be posts here about different types of condensation. When the car is in use and in normal and sport mode with the heating system set correctly and fans running it should not mist up or cause any condensation to the inside of windows. Of course if you sit in any car without the heating on, it will mist up (especially if you’re a little energetic...). Your point about condensation in the car in the morning usually points to damp inside the car. The car should not have condensation inside the windows in the morning. Also, it should not require the use of additional moisture soaking aids to keep the windows dry. The heating and ventilation system when used correctly should, depending upon the conditions keep windows clear As it is designed to do.

There have been a few issues reported of the cars leaking water in by the rear offside door, another report was a leaky sunroof surround. Those problems were reported among the Facebook Forums. Just make sure that your carpets are dry throughout the car, the MGs no different to any other car, if it leaks, the condensation levels are going to get beyond the joke!

Condensation is a pest in most modern cars I have 4 cars in our house hold and all will have condensation on the inside when cold and mist up when driving unless the air con is on, I remember the days when all you have to to was switch the blower on hot when driving and it would clear the windows,

MG SV EV condensation front windscreen when left outside on cold day
Prius mk2 condensation front windscreen when left outside on cold day
Mazda 2 condensation front windscreen when left outside on cold day
Seat Ibiza condensation front windscreen when left outside on cold day

Condensation is a pest in most modern cars I have 4 cars in our house hold and all will have condensation on the inside when cold and mist up when driving unless the air con is on, I remember the days when all you have to to was switch the blower on hot when driving and it would clear the windows,

MG SV EV condensation front windscreen when left outside on cold day
Prius mk2 condensation front windscreen when left outside on cold day
Mazda 2 condensation front windscreen when left outside on cold day
Seat Ibiza condensation front windscreen when left outside on cold day
The first car I had major misting up problems was a 3 year old 1995 Mk1 Ford Mondeo. I took it back to the garage I bought it from, thinking the heater was leaking or something and the garage said it was these new pollen filters that they had started fitting to cars that got damp. He took the pollen filter out and it cured the misting. Could it be the pollen/cabin filters that are the problem, it might be worth removing it to see if things improve ?

Whenever you run the car in damp weather and always in winter, regardless if HVAC is on or off, make sure the recirculation is off as it increases the humidity in the car (happens in any car not just ZS EV). Also use demist pads like these - put them on the dash when you get out of the car

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom