Conditional Speed Limit Detected!

Cocijo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone worked out what this means and how its triggered? Mine comes on at random times it seems. Thankfully, now the bongs have gone it’s nowhere near as irritating 🙂

Mine comes on when I go down a road that carries a 60mph limit, but did have a 30mph limit for long time due to work on A38 roundabout near Whitminster.

The MG5 doesn't have speed limit detection. Did you post in the wrong forum?

I’m not sure what value it adds? Also, when the national speed limit sign is detected it sets limit at 60mph instead of 70mph on dual carriageways

I put it down to the data in the mapping files. So for example, I get this on a particular road near me which has had roadworks on it for years with the associated lower speed limit - the conditional limit. Since the roadworks have been finished, I still get this warning and I assume it's becasue the maps think it's becasue the conditional limit applies when in fact it no longer does. That's my thinking anyway. And before anyone says you don't have the satnav function open so it can't be that, the satnav has functions that, er, function when it's not in use such as the verbal speed limit warnings.

My friend has just been done, 35mph in a 30 zone, mobile unit near Stroud. I often see cars with hidden blue lights pulling over cars on the M5, nice to be reminded of the speed limit, the car tries to help

My friend has just been done, 35mph in a 30 zone, mobile unit near Stroud. I often see cars with hidden blue lights pulling over cars on the M5, nice to be reminded of the speed limit, the car tries to help

That's why I re-enabled the verbal speed warning - got done just before Christmas at similar levels to your friend :confused:

The speed limit warning on the cluster doesn’t use the sat nav mapping at all, does it? It solely relies on trying to detect signs, surely. Gets it wrong far too often to have a secondary data source.

The speed limit warning on the cluster doesn’t use the sat nav mapping at all, does it? It solely relies on trying to detect signs, surely. Gets it wrong far too often to have a secondary data source.
I dont have the sign recognition new mg5 exite but when I put the sat nav on the speed limit for the road I'm on is shown on the map if I go over the limit I get an audible warning telling me the limit on the road I'm on

Barry

Has anyone worked out what this means and how its triggered? Mine comes on at random times it seems. Thankfully, now the bongs have gone it’s nowhere near as irritating 🙂
I have a ZS, but I assume its similar, the conditional speed limit warning gets triggered by almost any sign, saying anything, if the sign has a yellow background!

Mine puts this alert up without signs, which is why I put it down to the map files as above. Of course, it may use more than one source - could be the camera and the maps. Who knows? 🤷‍♂️

Update! I’ve now found out what the ‘conditional speed limit detected’ warning - officially means. it’s still pretty useless btw. Here’s how MG describe it.
“When the speed limit information function or intelligent speed assist function is enabled, and the front view camera detects a speed limit sign with text message below, the warning lamp illuminates yellow to remind
the driver to recognise the text message by themselves. The camera cannot recognise the text messages provided below the speed limit sign, such as auxiliary lane, 100m ahead, school section, 7:00-10:00. The camera will recognise the speed limit sign with text messages as a normal speed limit sign. The driver is required to make correct judgement according to the text message.”
not sure what the warning lamp is though🙂

Update! I’ve now found out what the ‘conditional speed limit detected’ warning - officially means. it’s still pretty useless btw. Here’s how MG describe it.
“When the speed limit information function or intelligent speed assist function is enabled, and the front view camera detects a speed limit sign with text message below, the warning lamp illuminates yellow to remind
the driver to recognise the text message by themselves. The camera cannot recognise the text messages provided below the speed limit sign, such as auxiliary lane, 100m ahead, school section, 7:00-10:00. The camera will recognise the speed limit sign with text messages as a normal speed limit sign. The driver is required to make correct judgement according to the text message.”
not sure what the warning lamp is though🙂
The MG5 doesn't have a front camera ...

Yeah - I originally posted this on the wrong thread! Sorry.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom