Connecting a CD player

anton

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I have a 2022 MG HS EHS and want to be able to play Cds in the car. There are small CD players available but has anyone else done this and can they give me some advice?

No way to fit a CD play and control it best to down load to usb which can use with info screen.

I have a 2022 MG HS EHS and want to be able to play Cds in the car. There are small CD players available but has anyone else done this and can they give me some advice?
What about something like one of these maybe ???.

External Universal CD Player for Car - LEHWEY Portable CD Player with Extra USB Extension Cable, Plugs into Car USB Port, Laptop, TV, Mac, Computer, for Android 4.4 and Above Navigation https://amzn.eu/d/e3Pk8nf

External USB CD Player for Car, Homlab Portable Plugs in CD Player with Extra USB Cable, for Car without CD Player, Laptop, TV, Mac, Computer, for Android 4.4 and above Navigation, black https://amzn.eu/d/8Anz0aX

Many thanks. I have looked on the internet for the LEHWEY. What is interesting that in the USA it,is badged LEHWEY and in Europe, although the player looks identical, the name does not appear.

Thanks again

Many thanks. I have looked on the internet for the LEHWEY. What is interesting that in the USA it,is badged LEHWEY and in Europe, although the player looks identical, the name does not appear.

Thanks again
This is not uncommon, these units are made in big numbers and branded with different names, but are one and the same really.

Personally, I use Spotify over Android Audio. It has the added entertainment value of seeing what it actually comes up with when I yell "Hey Google, play (some random album)" . It never NEVER gets it right first time. My mother and I were literally reduced to tears of laughter trying to get it to play some Frank Sinatra for her 😂

Many thanks and I had thought of this one. However, you are talking to an 82year old and the plug in CVD player is likely to more simple (once connected)

best wishes
Now in my eighties, I understand how you feel. Things are so complex, I'm sure they could double sales if they fitted cassettes.

How many CDs do you have ? You can rip your CDs to MP3 files and fit over 500 songs per GB storage on a USB stick . I am sure you could ask a tech savvy person to help with that . There are loads of help on you tube on how to do this too !

The problem with the USB Stick is a) you have to save in the right format to be recognised by the car (i have a 2022 MG5), & b) it will only recognise single tracks - which means re-naming every track so you can play a whole album (eg a classical piece in sequential movements) in the right order & not juggled between completely unrelated songs or composers.

The usb music in a 23 HS Phev is possibly the worst MP3 player I have ever had the displeasure of using. It's so slow it is virtually useless, there is an A-Z index on the left that does nothing at all other than highlight what you touched it does not go to the album or artist. I find it easier to put the music on my phone and use Android Auto. By far the worst infotainment unit of any car I have owned or I would guess currently on sale today.

Many thanks. I purchased a LEHWEY player and it fits neatly into the glove compartment. Fingers crossed!

Anton
Hi Anton - how did you get on with the LEHWEY? Like you I'm reluctant to get into ripping a load of CDs when I have the CDs I want to play. Just looking to make a decision between that and the Homlab model which @Lovemyev mentioned.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom