Connectivity

Orcadian

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi
Android Auto and my phone have suddenly lost connectivity with my 2 year old MGZSEV.
My phone is still showing the car on Bluetooth, but no phone book, and Android Auto fails to connect.
Any suggestions?

If nothing else has changed I would start with trying a different cable. I know with my iPhone cable after so long it gets worn out and I have to get a new one.

If nothing else has changed I would start with trying a different cable. I know with my iPhone cable after so long it gets worn out and I have to get a new one.
The phone will bring up AA but no maps or directions.
I did wonder about disconnecting 12v battery and reset.

Ahh ok, then it seems it is actually connecting.

Possibly try fully powering down your phone and turning back on. Also try rebooting the head unit by holding home for 10 seconds.

Also try clearing the android auto cache. Settings > apps > android auto > clear cache.

As I use iPhone I can’t think of what else to try.

"Forget" the car in AA and bluetooth settings, and start from scratch.

I have a similar problem and I'm going to try the tips above, plus any news ones which anyone suggests. So far I've done a factory reset of the head unit and tried a new cable. I have an old phone I could try.

The car is "seeing" the phone as it tells me to disconnect it and do what the Android screen says. And the phone is seeing the car (or at least the data connection) as it gives that choice of what do you want to do now you've plugged it in. as it

Shame when people don't come back with their resolution, or maybe there wasn't one!! (Yes I realise it was originally 2 years ago!) :)

EDIT: As Android Auto is "built in" it doesn't appear in the apps list to manage the cache etc

My apologies for the delay in informing you, but I have sorted the problem. Re-installed Android Auto on my phone, then just link it t the car again. Again my apologies, but we have had visitors for a few days, so I have not been on my computer.

No problem, and my bad, somehow I'd read the thread as being 2 years old!! :)

And mucho thanks for your response. AA seems to be part of the operating system on my phone and I can't even find it when it isn't plugged in. But I'll see what options I have when it's plugged in.

EDIT: Turns out I can see it on the phone, need to go into Manage Apps, then under the three dots at the top right select See All Apps. So I've deleted the car and the cache and I'll see what happens. Thanks again.

No problem, and my bad, somehow I'd read the thread as being 2 years old!! :)

And mucho thanks for your response. AA seems to be part of the operating system on my phone and I can't even find it when it isn't plugged in. But I'll see what options I have when it's plugged in.

EDIT: Turns out I can see it on the phone, need to go into Manage Apps, then under the three dots at the top right select See All Apps. So I've deleted the car and the cache and I'll see what happens. Thanks again.
Yes, I'm not the best one to advise on software, but I think you are going the right way.

Well it's all OK again now but I didn't do it step by step so I can't be sure which fixed it, though it was def the phone rather than the head unit reset. So either simply forgetting the car, or clearing the cache I think.

Thanks for the help

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom