Considering an ZS EV

bacardiman

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
My employer is offering e-car's via salary sacrifice, and the ZS EV looks like the car we will get, but i am slightly confused by the five different versions being offered by the leasing company (Octopus), excite, exclusive, SE, Trophy, Trophy connect, then i see Long Range out there too.
I have search for a site that has a clear table of what each version has/doesnt have without success.
Help !

Cheers

Craig

if you have a look Here and scroll down to full specification, it should give you a general idea :)
But tldr
Excite + exclusive are the older models, SE/Trophy/Trophy connect are the newer models with the Long range and "new" short range versions.

The "Trophy" version is the most like the old Exclusive, with some additional features, Connect version seems kind of pointless imo.
Even though the SE version seems rather well specced.
I ordered the Trophy version as I didn't want to lose anything over my Exclusive.

Screenshot_20220214_133851.jpg
Screenshot_20220214_133905.jpg

The trophy connect adds some stuff like amazon music and live traffic all are available as long range or standard range
If a company car the best you can get would be trophy connect long range

Excite and Exclusive are trim levels of the mark 1, which to be best of my knowledge only had one battery size which is smaller than either of the current models.

SE, Trophy & Trophy Connect are the 3 trim levels of the current mark 2 version (facelift) ZS EV. Each of these trims is available in either standard range (WLTP 198 miles), or long range (WLTP 273 miles). If you click on this post here, Miles made available an excel sheet with the facelift specs that you can download:
Hopefully, attached to this message!

I've no idea on the specs for the mark 1, but someone will surely pootle along with anything missed.

It's worth remembering Excite and Exclusive are the names used in Ireland still for the new zs

My employer is offering e-car's via salary sacrifice, and the ZS EV looks like the car we will get, but i am slightly confused by the five different versions being offered by the leasing company (Octopus), excite, exclusive, SE, Trophy, Trophy connect, then i see Long Range out there too.
I have search for a site that has a clear table of what each version has/doesnt have without success.
Here: MG UK, use 'configure' -https://www.mg.co.uk/new-cars/new-mg-zs-ev

Assuming this is to be a new car, that would be the new 'facelifted' 2022 ZS EV & also given that there is no more supply of the old MK1 model. Some of the models referred to by Octopus include older MKI models (Excite, Exclusive). The new, current range is:

2x SE models = short or long range with cloth trim, no sunroof etc.
or 3 x Trophy models = faux leather, sunroof etc with short, range, long range, or with pre-paid media etc (the Trophy 'Connect')

Hi
A bit confused here, yesterday whilst parked in my local Aldi's car park, a Red MG ZS EV parked next to me, on speaking to the owner, I was told and I checked for myself, that it had cloth seats, NO sunroof, but it did have the all round camera vision. It was the Gen 2, as I checked at the front, I have a 2020 Exclusive. So which model was this one???????

Hi
A bit confused here, yesterday whilst parked in my local Aldi's car park, a Red MG ZS EV parked next to me, on speaking to the owner, I was told and I checked for myself, that it had cloth seats, NO sunroof, but it did have the all round camera vision. It was the Gen 2, as I checked at the front, I have a 2020 Exclusive. So which model was this one???????
The SE, see New MG ZS EV | Electric SUV | MG Motor UK

Hi
SE.

finally had a test drive yesterday. (along with a Mazda MX30). Overall, i was mighty impressed apart from one issue, the steering was too light and we actually felt a little unsafe on the motorway (it was a little windy to be fair). I have seen via this forum that drive mode changes the steering 'feel'. Does it make that much of a difference ? , and i guess i need to check with the dealer what mode the car was in.

On the MG5 at least, drive mode makes a big difference to steering.
It would have been nice if the steering could have been adjusted in isolation but it's all or nothing as part of drive mode.

finally had a test drive yesterday. (along with a Mazda MX30). Overall, i was mighty impressed apart from one issue, the steering was too light and we actually felt a little unsafe on the motorway (it was a little windy to be fair). I have seen via this forum that drive mode changes the steering 'feel'. Does it make that much of a difference ? , and i guess i need to check with the dealer what mode the car was in.
The steering is very light in Eco mode, but over or under inflated tyres can also make the steering vague.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom