I've only ever done that once, and that was only because I arrived home on 6% SoC unintentionally. :)

I don't think it's much of a chore, really. I have an SR with the LFP battery and I just let it go to 100% and balance every time I charge. It's just not an issue. But people with the NMC battery have laughed off my suggestion that the LFP is easier to manage because of that. They just remember to take off the 80% limit for one charge every few weeks.
It is even easier than this most of the time as we tend to do a long journey once a month, so that prompts the 100% charge.

Takes only a moment to change the charge level whether in the car or via the app. No laughing here, it is really just a non-issue.

Now, if you'd asked if I needed all that range, you'd be on stronger grounds - the SR would be fine. But there's no Trophy trim version available in the UK and we do love the extras that gives us.

I've only ever done that once, and that was only because I arrived home on 6% SoC unintentionally. :)

That's the ideal way to do it.

On Tuesday night I deliberately stopped the charge so I had just enough for Wednesday's driving (just as well iSmart was working that day). On Wednesday I took a small detour on the way home to arrive at 8%, intentionally. Knowing that I didn't need the car on Thursday let me leave it on the granny charger right through till late Thursday evening. (No idea when it finished as iSmart was on the fritz by then.)

Of course if I had a home charger I could just have left it overnight on Tuesday night and it would have been done in time for Wednesday's trip.

It is even easier than this most of the time as we tend to do a long journey once a month, so that prompts the 100% charge.

Takes only a moment to change the charge level whether in the car or via the app. No laughing here, it is really just a non-issue.

Now, if you'd asked if I needed all that range, you'd be on stronger grounds - the SR would be fine. But there's no Trophy trim version available in the UK and we do love the extras that gives us.

I'm kind of in the opposite camp. I don't honestly need the range 98% of the time, and I actually like the SE trim better. I occasionally hanker for an X-Power, but then I think, Trophy. Don't want.

Then again, the remaining 2% of the time can see me hankering for an ER.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back