Converting Lamps from Incandescent to LED

Hi Jake, @MG ZS EV WEST YORKSHIRE - just "watched" the podcast. Can you please list on a forum/thread all the bulbs you've replaced from halogen/incandescent to LED along with the specifications? It is something I would like to do on my MK2 ZS EV too! Thanks in advance & look forward to the link.
Hi Tushalb, Thanks for your question. So far I have swopped out the incandescent registration bulb lights for two Osram Premium SL W5W cool white LEDs. I've also fitted the same in to the reverse lights which I did on my wifes mark 1 ZS but I am not convinced just yet on whether to leave them or not on my Mark 2 Long Range car as I think the new Light cluster on the Mark 2 has the bulbs slightly set further in to the light cluster so these don't appear to be as bright on MKI vs MK2.
I have also replaced the boot bulb which was also the old incandescent bulb with a yellowish tinge with a C5W festoon LED but as I bought the wrong size 36 and I think 31 is the correct size I had to make a slight adjustment to the bulb holder for it to fit. I hope this helps. PS I do plan to review installing some rear cabin LED lights inset in to the grab handles like I did for my MKI ZS EV but the front ceiling mounted cabin cluster in front of the rear view mirror seems less accessible compared to the last model. If you have any more questions please let me know Jake.

Attachments

• Osram Premium SL LED W5W.jpg
    Osram Premium SL LED W5W.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 146
  • festoon C5W ZS EV.png
    festoon C5W ZS EV.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 136
  • V1 Installing rear lights in to the MG ZS EV by Jake Newiss Feb 21.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video