Corrosion protection

paulIoW

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Is there any corrosion protection under the new MG ZS EV Long Range. I have seen a video showing unprotected welded seams being coated with a protective adhesive by hand due to some corrosion being evident after one year. It was an early model so maybe this has been addressed on new models.

Apparently the petrol ZS wasn't great in terms of corrosion protection.

In the EV it appears to be a lot better, there is a video where the poster sees some surface corrosion but as he makes clear, no worse than any other car.

If you are keeping longer term it would be worth getting some extra protection.

I had my mk1 done recently.

I was told that part of the preparation of the car, from when it arrived by ship, and until i would be able to pick it up, was because it was to get a "light coating of rust protection".

Maybe this is only something that the Danish importer has chosen to do, due to a very corrosive enviroment where salt is used extensively during winter.

I will have to lie down and look under the car when i get it, to see if i can spot any rust protection.

I was surprised he said that in subsequent talks after i paid the deposit, because he was pushing relatively hard for me to pay for a rust proofing to be done at their garage, before taking delivery.

Maybe i get the coating for free, because i refused it, and those he convince just pays for the same job i get for free, because they will have to do it to all cars.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom