Cost of journey and err stupidly warning

Surprised at that, as you can't drive off with a door open (which sometimes is genuinely useful). I'm assuming the cable was at least unlocked?

The ZS won't let you put it in D or R when its plugged in, not sure on the 5.

Been there, done that 😭
i have just driven off with the charging flap open for the first time! Luckily I only drove a short distance and discovered my error when I stopped.

In my defence I was a bit flustered. I had started a charge, got to 80% but when I tried to stop the charge using my RFID card it would not stop. I therefore had to press the emergency stop button on the machine And apologise to the etron driver who was waiting.

There needs to be a warning light like there is for the doors.

When you unplug the charger is there a reason not to close it immediately? Is the cable too heavy to manage that makes you replace it before you close the charge door?
I put the charger plug back in its socket first, so that I have two hand to replace the rubber bungs. That is possibly the point of time when we can get distracted...

Only done it once...(leave the flap open that it..:D)

I have recently seen (on the A52) a ZS EV driving with its flap open....but by the time I'd 'processed' the info, it was well passed me before could react and warn the driver.

Copied this from the other thread with the Same theme
Who’s else has driven off with the charge flap open

Done once when I first got my 5 then took Evasive action to avoid it happening again store mine in that little pocket in the centre tunnel under the drive selector

Attachments​

• F47DCE16-F3C1-4EC7-89F9-07F56AC788C6.jpeg
    F47DCE16-F3C1-4EC7-89F9-07F56AC788C6.jpeg
    336.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 36F71407-C962-449D-BE89-BAD91A088621.jpeg
    36F71407-C962-449D-BE89-BAD91A088621.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 19

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel