Could somebody provide a list of the latest (needed) updates to the MG ZS EV as of 12/07/20

Cirprocon

Established Member
Reaction score
Could somebody provide a list of the latest (needed) updates to the MG ZS EV as of 12/07/20. I haven't placed the order yet for the car. Many thanks

Last edited:
Every dealer updates every new car with ALL the latest software updates. The issue arises when later new updates become available and the dealer wants to charge for them.
Do your deal to include ANY new updates for as long as you can squeeze out of them.

It would be helpful to be able to ask the dealer to include them as part of the purchase. I was told 8 - 10 weeks for a black pearl Exclusive. The trouble is I think they said it's probably already in the UK at some central distribution depot. I was wondering if this meant it's effectively on older software.

No, updates are done at the dealership, they connect the car to China and then do the downloads from there. There are some updates that they can do locally with a USB stick.
I have just had mine updated with the comfort 2. Yours will be done before delivery. Look out for the temperature gauge, thats the giveaway.

Every dealer updates every new car with ALL the latest software updates. The issue arises when later new updates become available and the dealer wants to charge for them.
Do your deal to include ANY new updates for as long as you can squeeze out of them.
Thanks Steevee, just wanted to know the names of the handful of updates since the cars release here in the UK, think from this forum one is called comfort 2 and another was a BMS update to help with the UK network of chargers. At least I think that's right.

Just because the updates are available it doesn't mean they will have been done. I got my car in March and it didnt have the January timed charging update. My dealer wont return my calls to sort it out. As far as I can tell these are the ones available:

4 Updates (one is missing below) plus timed charing one from Jan/Feb. So five in total. But your car might have the Jan one already.

OBC (On Board Charger)
Operation Software Version: 10904882
Configuration File Version: 10751024

EVCC (Electric Vehicle Communication Controller)
Operation Software Version: 10835714
Calibration File: 106541148
Config.File: 10829918

FICM (Front Infotainment Control Module)
Operation Software Version: 10879788
Config.File: 10950642

Thanks Nibloprice, its a shame your dealer wont return your calls. Are the above extras on top of the Comfort 2 and the BMS update. It seems rather confusing.

MGtechnician knows more than me. But I believe the comfort 2 update is one of these.

n

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom