Could this be a reason for all to buy a Tesla ?

Not watched the video, but ... insurance costs for Teslas are as impacted as they are for any other EV.

(Take what Sam says with a pinch of salt - he posts a LOT of videos so can't have done effective research for them all).

Not watched the video, but ... insurance costs for Teslas are as impacted as they are for any other EV.

(Take what Sam says with a pinch of salt - he posts a LOT of videos so can't have done effective research for them all).
I'd suggest watching the video before assuming content,
Not saying that some of the figures he quotes aren't outrageous and do seem a little unbelievable, but even if EV insurances increase marginally, at least one aspect of his argument is valid.

Short summary for anyone who hasn't the time/interest to watch the video..
In the US Tesla is dipping it's toes into the insurance market, presumably with two aims; diversify its business model, and because it has massive amount of data on its cars, and more importantly how their driven, it gives them invaluable insider information on risk and who are the safer drivers to insure, Tesla are not currently in the AUS or European insurance markets but IF prices do rise it makes perfect sense they will consider entering them.

Hence why potentially Tesla's COULD become the cheaper EV to insure, especially for low risk safer drivers,
And I suspect this is what prompted Les' very valid question.

As a related side note, I read recently that Tesla/Musk's driving reasons for starting their Supercharging network years ago, was mainly out of necessity to support their car sales since the infrastructure in most duristrictions was lacking..... On to the present day, the Supercharger network part of the business is valued by many analysts as worth up to $100 Billion, not bad for an (almost accidental) sideline business! and still the only high speed charging network in many regions, hence why other EV car makers have copped onto fact they can sell more cars if they can negotiate access to the Tesla charging network.

Hence why potentially Tesla's COULD become the cheaper EV to insure, especially for low risk safer drivers,
Makes me wonder how that sits with ludicrous mode. Perhaps that'll be an insurance optional extra, much like many things with Teslas seem to be.

I'd suggest watching the video before assuming content,
Not saying that some of the figures he quotes aren't outrageous and do seem a little unbelievable, but even if EV insurances increase marginally, at least one aspect of his argument is valid.

Short summary for anyone who hasn't the time/interest to watch the video..
In the US Tesla is dipping it's toes into the insurance market, presumably with two aims; diversify its business model, and because it has massive amount of data on its cars, and more importantly how their driven, it gives them invaluable insider information on risk and who are the safer drivers to insure, Tesla are not currently in the AUS or European insurance markets but IF prices do rise it makes perfect sense they will consider entering them.

And I suspect this is what prompted Les' very valid question.

As a related side note, I read recently that Tesla/Musk's driving reasons for starting their Supercharging network years ago, was mainly out of necessity to support their car sales since the infrastructure in most duristrictions was lacking..... On to the present day, the Supercharger network part of the business is valued by many analysts as worth up to $100 Billion, not bad for an (almost accidental) sideline business! and still the only high speed charging network in many regions, hence why other EV car makers have copped onto fact they can sell more cars if they can negotiate access to the Tesla charging network.
This is not just a Tesla thing although EVM does drive a tesla check this out he also looks at other EV's it is not a brand thing.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom