Couple of questions after dealer visit

I believe it long range trophy only see the pod cast 19 August on this page at the bottom of the posts.
The short range i test drove other day had privacy glass though according to the dealer it won't have any going forward as it was either a good will for first buyers or mistake on MG's part with the first cars

Last edited:
I saw a video on YT today of a dealer's MG4 walkaround ... he said the first 200 SE models came with privacy glass ... but I reckon that was just a bit of dealer spin.

Each to their own
It smacks of MG using the wrong pictures on the UK website.
I was at the dealers yesterday when a guy collected his orange trophy and he was not a happy bunny asking where the metallic paint was.
... the least MG could do is use the right colour pictures online and not leave it open to interpretation on a 32 grand car.
It's impossible to render the same colour online, on paper and in the flesh. Different techniques are used simply because of the medium you are viewing it on. Using light the primary colours are RGB, red, green blue to create all others using ink, look at your printer, it uses, cyan, magenta and yellow.
You will often see disclaimers on pictures online stating that the colour you see depends on how your screen/monitor is setup as this alters things as well the fact you are viewing it online and not on paper which will be different and not in the flesh, as that will appear different as well.

It's impossible to render the same colour online, on paper and in the flesh. Different techniques are used simply because of the medium you are viewing it on. Using light the primary colours are RGB, red, green blue to create all others using ink, look at your printer, it uses, cyan, magenta and yellow.
You will often see disclaimers on pictures online stating that the colour you see depends on how your screen/monitor is setup as this alters things as well the fact you are viewing it online and not on paper which will be different and not in the flesh, as that will appear different as well.
Absolutely agree with you sad though that some pics clearly show a metallic finish on the orange, even now on the mg UK website.
A bit misleading of you ask me
It's easy to show metallic or flat paint
The blue doesn't look metallic cos it isn't
The orange does but it's not

I saw a video on YT today of a dealer's MG4 walkaround ... he said the first 200 SE models came with privacy glass ... but I reckon that was just a bit of dealer spin.
That was indeed dealer spin.
The first 600 SE models have privacy glass because MG "accidentally" fitted it before it was deleted from the SE spec

From 2 seperate MG posts.
One clearly states tri-coat for the orange

Someone obviously made a boo boo..
The irony of
"Say NO to compromise"
made me chuckle too
Screenshot_20221001-183813_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20221002-192712_Dropbox.jpg

@skynett @siteguru Good luck for today, let us know how it goes. I heard a large batch of camden grey were on Grande Houston so mine was there too. Im still left in the dark on where mine is but if you could let me know if this shipment had privacy glass and what charger you got that would be great, oh and also if you have the undertray or oil leak ;)

@skynett @siteguru Good luck for today, let us know how it goes. I heard a large batch of camden grey were on Grande Houston so mine was there too. Im still left in the dark on where mine is but if you could let me know if this shipment had privacy glass and what charger you got that would be great, oh and also if you have the undertray or oil leak ;)
If you ask nicely he might let you have his car too.... 🤣

I picked up my car around 330pm today, I love love love it. Drove 28miles home, joy to drive. My undertray is almost 100% flat dealer even put it up a ramp for me.

Will take pictures in the morning, was worth the wait for the grey.

My seat is quite nice also no lump as reported on the rejected car thread yet.

Will post more update in the morning.

My SE that was on the Goodwood that arrived a day or two before the Grand Houston has privacy glass. It's Holborn blue but will have been manufactured at almost the same time. Came with a type 2 charger but dealer swapped it for a granny charger.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back