Cruise Control Not Working

CraigDM

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
First motorway trip in the new car and I always use cruise control through the many 50mph zones.

However nothing happened when I pressed the button on the steering wheel.
Would this be related to my start-up habit of deactivating ELK & FCA?
I tried turning them back on (whilst driving) but still could not get the cruise control to activate.

TIA

I think you need to investigate from a fresh start without turning anything off. See what colour the symbols are in your dash screen (top left) once driving.

From memory :-

green = on and activated
white / light grey = system working and ready or "on standby"
yellow/amber = fault

Last edited:
Yellow/Amber (for those symbols) can mean fault - it can also mean Disabled (turned off). A fault would (edit: should) be accompanied by a warning message. :)

Last edited:
Do you mean Adaptive Cruise Control or Speed Limit mode? On my Trophy, if I use Speed Limit mode, it switches off completely after the car is shut down and I need to go into the screen to re-enable it each time. Adaptive Cruise Control works fine.
It is a bit of a pain that you can’t switch from one to the other easily. Previously, on my Mokka-e, there was an option to select either one on the steering wheel.
And LKA & steering assist didn’t try to kill you all the time.

I should have RTFM, where I would have noticed that you need to activate ACC from the screen.
I just read the bit about pressing the button on the steering wheel!

For my car at least, if you're always using ACC, then once it's activated on the screen, then it should always stay activated, and you can just use the button the wheel to enable or disable it. It's only the speed limiter that deactivates when the car is turned off and back on. It's a bit of a pain because I like to use the speed limiter around town, and ACC on the dual carriageways.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back