Photogreycat

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
When I activate cruise control the car takes control of the steering some times.

Is there a solution for the problem?

I have an MG4 trophy long range model. Just completed my first public charging at Bury St Edmunds at Waitrose who had about 10 chargers.

John

Last edited:
Its the lane assist thing you can turn it off in the settings, people have been complaining about it for a while now its a bit overzealous

When I activate cruise control the car takes control of the steering some times.

Is there a solution for the problem?

I have an MG4 trophy long range model. Just completed my first public charging at Bury St Edmunds at Waitrose who had about 10 chargers.

John
Are you in ACC or TJA mode.. if Traffic Jam Assist, it will try and help with the steering...

Only use TJA in slow traffic and even then normal ACC works far better. Turn LKA off in the car menu, it's that that tugs the wheel, though I've left mine on this week and am getting used to it. It doesn't tug too hard.

If the steering wheel symbol top-left of the driver display turns green, that means TJA is active, which means you've selected TJA in the settings (rather than ACC).

If that symbol is not green (e.g. grey) that means ACC is likely enabled and any steering force you feel is LKA (Lane Keep Assist).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.7%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back