Customer Checklist On Collection

It is a worry when seeing this. We ordered ours from Cars2 Barnsley and getting nervous whether we have an argument brewing about issues when we pick it up
These are possible issues on early cars and it is good to have a checklist. It doesn’t mean you’ll have any or all of these. If you do, your dealer should sort it out, you can do the checks on collection and agree anything that needs to be addressed before you accept the car.

You could buy another make instead. But will you have access to a checklist for that one too? Remember, normally most of us have been buying new cars without any idea of the kinds of problems we might get.

Every new car will have a list of common issues.....its the nature of the beast. The key thing is that they get resolved.
And to be honest so far they can easily be fixed during the PDI apart from possibly the oil leak but that is in hand 🤞

Bought a new Mustang GT a couple of years ago and that was much more of a nightmare. Took twelve months to sort the issues out so always nervous when cars report problems. That one had rust, needed a respray, new dash, new brake discs, pads, wheels, 4x glove boxes and on top of that Ford would not accept it was their problem. So you can see why I am a little scared of dealers and manufacturers trying to get out of fixing issues that are of their making.

Similar experience with a new Ford Edge.. terrible support from Ford UK. Always blaming US Ford.. arms length support an easy get out! Loved the car hated the UK support and dealership who took weeks to resolve issues and thought OK to leave you with a Ford Focus while they fixed an SUV! I share your concerns regarding fix and resolution. Although apparently minor (yet to be clear of oil leak root cause and fix) the current list is not a show stopper. Frustrating and needs a lot of patience (could take some time to resolve all software issues)... leap of faith or can it and look elsewhere?

Bought a new Mustang GT a couple of years ago and that was much more of a nightmare. Took twelve months to sort the issues out so always nervous when cars report problems. That one had rust, needed a respray, new dash, new brake discs, pads, wheels, 4x glove boxes and on top of that Ford would not accept it was their problem. So you can see why I am a little scared of dealers and manufacturers trying to get out of fixing issues that are of their making.
Understood. I have not seen any examples of MG trying to get out of any of these issues.

The benefit of this list is we can send through to our dealer and ask this is covered at PDI point. Still look it over and confirm the issues aren't there but at least it's a heads up to the dealer and an opportunity to save a wasted collection journey.

Every new car will have a list of common issues.....its the nature of the beast. The key thing is that they get resolved.
I agree, I just hope I don't get fobbed off with the dealer. You know how it is, once you've driven off and handed over the money, they don't want to bloody know.

For some context, look how long the Tesla Model 3 checklist is!

For some context, look how long the Tesla Model 3 checklist is!

Exactly and Teslas cost twice as much and have had a litany of faults, so just because people are paying a lot doesn’t mean they get trouble-free cars.

Disruptive new forum member has been reported.

No idea why they're here if all they want to do is slag off the MG4.
Also reported.
I'm all for constructive criticism but he was just a downright pain in ass.
You don't want one then leave the group, absolutely no reason for being here

FWIW, I copied the linked spreadsheet and pasted into my own Excel file. I then added snips of photos showing the various issues. This file I have emailed to my dealer to ask him to pass to the service manager, so there's no excuse for any of the obvious issues being overlooked during PDI. :)

I have an MG4 on order, and decided to run a little document detailing the common faults I've seen mentioned, puerly to remind myself to check these when I collect the car.

I hope this is useful to some of you here too, who might be collectiong yours.

MG4 Collection Checklist

If anyone has any items you think should be on there, just mention them here and if appropriate I'll add them
Could you add this please for subsequent ownership as demo's etc will hit the market sometime soon

"ensure the car has been unbound and factory reset from any previous ownership"

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 486 79.0%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 83 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel