Cyberster Configurator Now Live

Miles Roberts CG

Prominent Member
MGEVs.com Sponsor
Reaction score
You can now configure the Cyberster for UK market at:

Thank you! Also submitted my configuration.

Notice that the standard spec lists a wind deflector between the front seats, definitely a positive.

"Available from July 2024" suggests that demo cars are already at sea and customer cars are beginning to stack up at Shanghai docks.
:unsure:

EDIT - Page changed to August.

Last edited:
It will be in the 40s soon as its driven out of the dealer...AWD/RWD...didnt see summon but theres remote start
  • MAX. POWER (KW): 375
  • MAX. POWER (HP): 496/335hp
  • MAX. POWER (PS): 503
  • MAX. TORQUE (NM): 725/533 ft lbs/425NM - 313 ft lbs
  • GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT (KG): 2210 KG/2110kg
100kg shy of Taycan! Performance specs seem to have been dialled back 40hp on AWD.

July has been updated to August for availability. Wheel choice?

Last edited:
Anyone else less than blown away? The top spec at £60k Seems ever so slightly faster than the mg4 xpower (0.4seconds 0 to 60) but almost twice the price.

I know it's a halo spec car and priced for rarity but not for me at that money.

Anyone else less than blown away? The top spec at £60k Seems ever so slightly faster than the mg4 xpower (0.4seconds 0 to 60) but almost twice the price.

Lol its the same platform as mg4 and as brusque highlighted shared platform with iM L6. The chassis has been adjusted to cope with corners and excess weight. This has a slightly more powerful motor

Im waiting. Once the reduction hits like it did with the Xpower and higher spec mg4 there will be bargains. But obviously people have to buy, make an order for them to appear on the used approved market or reduced as new.

I dont think theyll flood the market with them. If they do there will be a few below msrp 😉

That's the nature of the beast though - once you pass a certain point, it costs more and more to eek out less and less improvement. The X Power is really sitting in a sweet spot of price against performance - you can see the effect trying to squeeze another 10% improvement out has on cost.

Old car dealer saying - "When the roof comes down, the price goes up!"

Although, I do wonder what MG Affinity will knock off the price? :unsure:

Ordered mine too! Currently drive a Tesla Model 3 performance and had to decide between the updated M3P or Cyberster. And after 2 model 3s I decided a change was a good idea. Love the Tesla, including the minimalist interior, but didn’t fancy looking at the same dash that I have since 2022. Just hope there’s an app that’s as good as the Tesla one - love turning on the heating from inside the house and watching any ice melt away before getting in a lovely warm car, and I know I’ll miss the security of sentry mode.

Really boring spec (not that there was exactly a plethora of options!) GT dual motor in red with black roof and black / red interior. Although I may well change to yellow if I’m brave enough. However, as I learnt to drive in my mum’s banana yellow MG Metro 30 years ago I’m not sure it wouldn’t quickly lose its appeal.

Was pleasantly surprised by the only £5k difference between single and dual motor (there’s £10k between each of the different model 3s) and the red was a reasonable price too v £2k with Tesla.

From what I was told dealers have been advised to quote 12-16 weeks after build time for delivery - which means even early June builds will struggle for an August handover - which might not be a bad thing with Sept being a new plate. Just as long as they don’t get pushed to early 2025 and get hit with the luxury car tax.

Anyway, the long wait begins now I suppose.

It will be in the 40s soon as its driven out of the dealer...AWD/RWD...didnt see summon but theres remote start
  • MAX. POWER (KW): 375
  • MAX. POWER (HP): 496/335hp
  • MAX. POWER (PS): 503
  • MAX. TORQUE (NM): 725/533 ft lbs/425NM - 313 ft lbs
  • GROSS VEHICLE WEIGHT (KG): 2210 KG/2110kg
100kg shy of Taycan! Performance specs seem to have been dialled back 40hp on AWD.

July has been updated to August for availability. Wheel choice?
I really hope so, I was going to buy a new one, but decided I've had enough of throwing £10's thousands down the drain in depreciation for one lifetime! Going to buy a low mileage minter after a year or two now I reckon. ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom