DAB CHIP !!!!

Goonergray

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Has anyone heard anything about when the DAB chips will arrive and I will get a bloody recall to install it , been waiting since August.

Thankyou

Has anyone heard anything about when the DAB chips will arrive and I will get a bloody recall to install it , been waiting since August.

Thankyou
I'm in the Q as well. Not quite right that I had to find out in this forum that the reason we have no DAB chip installed. Poor service from the dealers!!!!!!!!!!!

It's not a complete fix they are taken away your two USB ports and putting in a booster in the back of your glove box and now you will have one USB and not 2

So this is not a fix at all it is a bodge to try and shut us up, they are basically fitting the module currently in the glove box behind the dash and losing a USB to boot, what a joke. My temp fix is filed in the bin as it was useless anyway. I wont be letting them do that on my car, they can change the head unit for one that has a full complement of chips :)

Hi I wrote a strongly worded email to the CEO of MG and just received a reply

Good Morning Mr Wainwright,

Thank you for your recent correspondence to Mr Wang, unfortunately he is not available so has asked I respond on his behalf.

I apologise if your vehicle is not currently meeting with your expectations, can I ask firstly, have you taken your vehicle into an MG approved dealer to have your concerns investigated?

With regards to the DAB radio, there has been a permanent fix released which is available for all MG customers to have fitted immediately via an MG dealer, which is the same solution as the new 2023 model year MG HS. This is not information that has been withheld and is readily available as and when you decide is appropriate to have this rectified.

I would suggest booking into your local MG dealer where they can resolve the DAB concerns and look at the other issues you have mentioned below.

In terms of a gesture of goodwill, this is something that your MG dealer can arrange upon completion of their investigation.

Once again, I would strongly suggest the vehicle is investigated first; no faults have yet been confirmed despite your demands and opinions you have outlined below.

I will note your complaint and will await the diagnosis from the dealer.

Regards

Becky McCoole-Smith

Customer Experience Manager

Aftersales

MG Motor UK Limited, Lowhill Lane, Longbridge, Birmingham

I have emailed my dealer with this information it will be interesting to see if I get a response.
No problems
By all means use this info would of been nice for u to ask hahahahah Only kidding

New shape and the DAB fix were we lose a USB and the email points out diffrent

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1693523219005.jpg
    FB_IMG_1693523219005.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Screenshot_20230901-000755.png
    Screenshot_20230901-000755.png
    858.4 KB · Views: 111
I just used the response regarding the DAB none of your original email or anything that could come back to you :)

They have responded and re-iterated that they have not heard anything regarding this fix and from what I see that isn't really a fix is it and they have made a bit of a mess with the plastic as well ***.

This is not good I know the car is one of the cheaper hybrids out there but its still over 30K that's a lot of money to me and the most expensive car to date I have purchased with my own money I expect a lot better. Very disappointing indeed.

No problems
By all means use this info would of been nice for u to ask hahahahah Only kidding

New shape and the DAB fix were we lose a USB and the email points out diffrent
Did this fix also resolve the missing RDS function on FM radio and missing radio station storage? Thanks for the posts and info to date also.

I just used the response regarding the DAB none of your original email or anything that could come back to you :)

They have responded and re-iterated that they have not heard anything regarding this fix and from what I see that isn't really a fix is it and they have made a bit of a mess with the plastic as well ***.

This is not good I know the car is one of the cheaper hybrids out there but its still over 30K that's a lot of money to me and the most expensive car to date I have purchased with my own money I expect a lot better. Very disappointing indeed.
Hi you can use it u was joking my friend ..

They came back fast who did you send it to it wasn't a fella called Gary smart who replyed or your dealer ...

Did this fix also resolve the missing RDS function on FM radio and missing radio station storage? Thanks for the posts and info to date also.
Hi am unsure as my car has been with the dealer for 3 months with reverse problems and also hat to have a new radar but am on a group on fb and lots are saying it didn't really fix much

Hi am unsure as my car has been with the dealer for 3 months with reverse problems and also hat to have a new radar but am on a group on fb and lots are saying it didn't really fix much
Oh wow, you must be beyond frustrated with the issues. Hope you get all this resolved soon - thanks again for your input and response. All info is really helpful l.

Subject: URGENT: Addressing Ongoing Concerns with My MG Vehicle

Dear Rebecca

I hope this email finds you in good health. I am writing to express my continuous concerns regarding the issues I have encountered with my MG vehicle and the recent DAB dongle fix. While I appreciate your previous response, I feel that my concerns have not been adequately addressed.

With regards to the DAB dongle fix, I would like to highlight the disparities between the 23 plate model and the face-lift version. The fact that the fix resulted in the removal of one USB connection while the new style boasts two USB ports raises significant questions. Please take a moment to review the attached images, which clearly demonstrate the differences between the two.

Please also check your email you have sent with regards the dongle .

I kindly request that you elevate this matter to the relevant department to ensure accurate information is provided to customers regarding the fix. Additionally, the issues with the new radar and the reverse problem have caused immense frustration for me. It is disheartening to discover that other MG owners are also facing similar challenges. A brief search on various social media platforms will unveil a growing number of owners sharing their experiences and concerns.

Moreover, the inconvenience caused by the protracted repair process is deeply disappointing, especially for a new 23 model. I was not informed about the DAB dongle during the vehicle handover, exposing a deficiency in the sales and marketing procedures. I urge you to bring this oversight to the attention of the appropriate department to prevent such issues from arising in the future.

As recommended by Motability, I am eager to obtain mechanical feedback regarding my vehicle. I strongly advise reaching out to my dealer, Holdcroft Warrington, to obtain a comprehensive report on the sales process, aftermath, and the points highlighted in my initial email to Mr. Wong. Their report will provide valuable insights into the condition and performance of my vehicle before and after the dongle fitment.

Regrettably, MG's commitment to ensuring the satisfaction of all MG owners has not been fulfilled in this instance. I implore you to promptly escalate my concerns to the relevant channels within the company.

I have received an apology email from my dealer, Honda Warrington, expressing their willingness to address the inconvenience. However, their response fails to adequately address the concerns of myself and fellow MG owners. It is now time for a more comprehensive and thorough response.

Considering these ongoing challenges, I kindly request that you not only reply to my email but also engage with my dealers to discuss the potential options of either a replacement vehicle or returning my current vehicle to Motability's MG team for further investigation. This step is crucial in ensuring that the issues are satisfactorily resolved.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I eagerly await your response.

Hi mate here you go

[email protected]

I took MG to the small claims court and won so just goes to prove that little me v MG about the DAB and won

The Report Independent
General Summary / Conclusions

(The DAB radio appears to have a weak signal with the centre display not showing the station, the wrong station was also recognised to be audible whilst showing another station).

Your synopsis is entirely different to mine and you have clearly misunderstood my complaint.

This vehicle clearly had inherent faults that an ordinary layperson would not know about. By agreeing to unwind the deal with Motability, you accept that the vehicle was misrepresented to me (a breach of The Misrepresentation Act 1967) and the vehicle did not meet the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 bans acts and omissions that entice a consumer into making a decision they would otherwise not have made. This is a criminal offence.

I have suffered significant distress, inconvenience and detriment from the lack of resolution in my communication with MG and seek compensation which I am fairly entitled to
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 allows for consequential losses for consumers to be reimbursed as a result of a breach.

I am seeking a goodwill gesture for the Sum of £1500.00 to close my complaint.

If you are unwilling or unable to accede to this, please provide me with a final response so I can escalate this without further recourse to you.

Hi mate here you go

[email protected]

I took MG to the small claims court and won so just goes to prove that little me v MG about the DAB and won

The Report Independent
General Summary / Conclusions

(The DAB radio appears to have a weak signal with the centre display not showing the station, the wrong station was also recognised to be audible whilst showing another station).

Your synopsis is entirely different to mine and you have clearly misunderstood my complaint.

This vehicle clearly had inherent faults that an ordinary layperson would not know about. By agreeing to unwind the deal with Motability, you accept that the vehicle was misrepresented to me (a breach of The Misrepresentation Act 1967) and the vehicle did not meet the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 bans acts and omissions that entice a consumer into making a decision they would otherwise not have made. This is a criminal offence.

I have suffered significant distress, inconvenience and detriment from the lack of resolution in my communication with MG and seek compensation which I am fairly entitled to
The Consumer Rights Act 2015 allows for consequential losses for consumers to be reimbursed as a result of a breach.

I am seeking a goodwill gesture for the Sum of £1500.00 to close my complaint.

If you are unwilling or unable to accede to this, please provide me with a final response so I can escalate this without further recourse to you.

Thanks & well done, did they turn up at court or was it settled beforehand?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom