DAB Radio crashes and system update

Big Al

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Anyone else having problems with the DAB radio? Mine keeps crashing and becomes unresponsive and loses the audio. Only a re-boot brings it back.

Also has anyone been brave enough to install the system update?
IMG_7737.jpeg

Not having any issues with DAB, also didn't have an update when I checked earlier. Did your dealer update before you collected?

No dealer didn't update anything. He actually said they had an update on their system, but it was tagged "Do not install" Also I presume the update is for just the infotainment system, not anything like battery management etc

Are you going to try it? I think on another thread someone posted their software versions, you should probably compare to yours.

Anyone else having problems with the DAB radio? Mine keeps crashing and becomes unresponsive and loses the audio. Only a re-boot brings it back.

Also has anyone been brave enough to install the system update?
View attachment 11630
Yes, occasionally just stops and won't restart without reboot or turning power off/on. Rest of infotainment system keeps functioning.

I'll need to check the specifics but I think I checked for updates and was up to date.

I'll try an update after the weekend. What's a bit sad is that, whilst the car is great, it's only taken a few days for me to become untrusting of the software. The constant fatigue warnings, driver alert, ect. And today at the start of the drive went to turn off the lane change beep thing...... and none of the lane assist item were in the MG Pilot menu, so the whole drive was beep, beep, beep

You should all read my story. 6 months with little or no radio. Dealership has eventually chosen to give me a new car due to the issues on the MG4 Trophy.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back