Dab Radio

Eckmash

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Just received my team red HS PHEV. Very pleased with the car except that the way Perrys Preston tried to fit an after market DAB radio receiver. Cable just ran through the glove box and plugged into the usb. Does anyone have the UK MG customer service mail please? even with this device DAB does not work. Is there a recall scheduled to fix this?

Last edited by a moderator:
First please could take a photo of the unit you are talking about and is this car brand new or second hand.

First please could take a photo of the unit you are talking about and is this car brand new or second hand.
jto.

it is brand new 80 miles done.

Attachments

• 20221107_114326.jpg
    20221107_114326.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 233
  • 20221107_114340.jpg
    20221107_114340.jpg
    316.1 KB · Views: 197
Could be plugged in to the wrong side mover the usb over to the left side and it may come up on the screen.

jto.

it is brand new 80 miles done.
Hi
you did ask for email address but th contact has been taking out of the Main MG website as most of the time they send you back to the dealership. You could try this one but I think it will be closed and sent back to your dealership.

[email protected]

Could be plugged in to the wrong side mover the usb over to the left side and it may come up on the screen.
no it is plugged into the correct "data transfer" usb socket, it was working on google maps at the weekend but since has stopped working, it is a modern samsung phone and it works on other cars.

no it is plugged into the correct "data transfer" usb socket, it was working on google maps at the weekend but since has stopped working, it is a modern samsung phone and it works on other cars.
I think you find that the left plug is data transfer usb as if you need to run apple play you have plug into that one.
I think you may to go back to Perrys to get it working.

I think you find that the left plug is data transfer usb as if you need to run apple play you have plug into that one.
Thank you, I have mailed Perrys. Just very disappointed with all the faults.

Did they resolve the issue as I have just picked up my MG HS and the wires are just loose in the glove box, should the USB not plug in somewhere in the rear of the centre console rather than dangling out of glove box?

MG Dealerships are stating that this is a temporary fix, but I have read that MG itself if considering this as a permanent solutions. Not happy at all that you cannot select DAB radio on the infotainment system when you pay all this money

The dealer didn't sort my DAB when I took delivery. I tried plugging the USB from the glove box cable into the data transfer USB (the left hand side) and got nowhere. Eventually the dealers technician told me to try the other USB port (power only). I left this 10 minutes or so and then the DAB stations all appeared, but no sound! However next time I started the car, sound appeared and its been OK since.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom